Second chance.

Blake's POV.

Another day and I'm about to go search for mom's files where she kept what Klaus left her about my heart donor. I rummaged through her drawers and when I found it I sat on the edge of my parents bed to uncover the mystery of it.

There were files and an address quite far from here but then it was all I needed. It was in the name of a couple whom I assumed would be the ones who can tell me about the person who gave me a heart to survive.

I grabbed the piece of paper and for the first time in a long time I had the courage to drive a car again, something I never thought I'd be able to do. It was a part of my new life, to take my fears away and learn to take risks. I've come so far and from this point on all I need to do is to keep moving forward.

I drove the miles and with my heart beat pounding fast out of mixed emotions it took me awhile to get to the address and have the courage to step out while I think of how to introduce myself. Unsure of how to get it done I walked my way with knees almost crumbling till I got to their door step and with a big sigh of release I held my finger and pressed the button.

I closed my eye and counted to 5 and without an answer I rang again and with that I spun my heel around until I heard the door click open.

"Yes?" A woman asks and I slowly turn around unknowing what to say. I smiled to ease myself and she returned it innocently with a bright one and then I heard a man from the background.

"Who is it?" He asks and takes a peak of me.

"Uhh, I, I just wanted to check if this is the residence of Mr. & Mrs. Theodore Bernard?" I ask reading the note once again to make sure I was at the right house.

They look at each other and nod.

"That's us, do we know you?" She asks and I go about my politeness and reached out my hand for a hand shake.

"Hi, uhmm, my name is Athena Blake, I came all the way from the city and..." I was cut short when they seemingly looked at me in a weird way, like they knew who I was.

"Please come in." Theodore says and I follow as they go in and instantly noticed a picture which I'm sure was my donor.

"Let me get a cup of tea." She says and exits to the kitchen while Theodore gestures his hand for me to take a seat. I do as I look around their cozy home. There was silence in the air while I wait for them to ask what I came for but there was just a look in the mans eyes as if he was scanning everything he could see in me.

It felt awkward for a moment specially when his wife comes around with a tray and gladly poured one cup for me. There was almost tears in her eyes, as if they knew and they probably already do.

"Did you say your name is Athena?" He asks and I nodded giving them the paper of their names and their address on it along with the files Klaus found about them and how they switched places and changed their names, they've been using aliases along with their daughter during that time.

"Yes and I believe your daughter was my donor."
I say and they nod with wet eyes.

There was a silent wave of emotion and later on I found myself mumbling through my own tears.

"I just wanted to personally thank you for saving my life even if I was a stranger, for giving me the chance at life even if you were suffering from your own loss. I've been searching high and low to find you but circumstances didn't allow me to up to this day." I say.

"May I hug you?" Asks Theodores wife and in a blink of an eye I was there holding her as she feels my heart beat as if she was hearing her own child inside me. It was a wonderful yet sad moment and I felt relieved having said what I've long wanted them to know.