A Whole New World.

Blake's POV.

I was awoken by a good smell of bacon and eggs so I hurriedly scrambled out the bed even without gargling since I felt my tummy grumble in hunger.

I followed it all the way to the kitchen.

"Good morning," Dean greets and only then did it dawn at me that he was here and I shyly brushed my hair suddenly getting conscious of how messy I looked.

"Morning" I greeted with a smile and he chuckled at me instead.

"Don't worry, you still look gorgeous." He comments and hands over a mug of coffee for me.

"I hope you don't mind me messing around your kitchen though.

"You can cook now huh?" I said ignoring what I looked like and went over the table to grab a bite of that bacon which I hadn't had for a long time.

"Not as good as you being a pro at it but yes I can, Pearl taught me well." He says and that got me wondering.

"A pro?" I asked and laughed at his comment.

"You took lessons and is a great cook as per Sadie." He says and then I got more curious.

"How'd you know I took lessons?"

As far as I know he hasn't heard anything from me or what I've been doing for the past few years. He scratched his head reluctantly.

"Well Sadie mentioned it before." He says but I knew he wasn't telling me everything. He still had this look on his face when his forehead creases whenever he tries to come up with a cover. I guess I know him well enough to know he isn't telling me the whole story but I let it go, for now because my tummy was roaring louder to be fed.

"Please feed the dragons in your tummy. I can hear them loud and clear." He says and I blushed in embarrassment forgetting they can pick up highly on sounds. Even the most little crack or squeak.

But what was I needed to to be shy off anyway, nothing so I did indulge in his cooking and I would give it a perfect ten. Another 10 for the pancakes.

It was delightful, I wiped off the plate in one go.

"Perfect score on this." I said after I binged and he had this proud look on his face.

"Or maybe I'm just really hungry."

He looses the smile and was replaced with a frown.

"Kidding." I took it back right away before I sipped my coffee.

"You ought to be, it was not easy." He says and we laughed for the pettiness of things and it was a wonderful morning to wake up to except it was ruined by a news he broke after he was sure I was done with my breakfast.

"I checked around again this early morning and my instincts just told me to have a random check on your car and guess what." He says and I knew before he can even say it.

"My brakes are broken." I concluded.

"The same way." He says and I knew it. I frowned at the thought.

"I'm glad you didn't use it yesterday." He says and I was too. I was glad to have followed my instinct.

"Is this like their MO or something, what a way to ruin the day." I say and release a sigh.

"I got it reported but they'll be needing your statement cause it's obviously connected to last night's event." He says and I shook my head.

"This is getting ridiculous."

"I know, if it were me this was long put to a stop." I knew what he meant by that and I knew how easy it would be for them.

"I know, but I really don't want you to get on their level. We have a strong case and I still want to believe in our justice system." I said and he nods.