The Awful Truth.

Blake's POV.

Before Penelope left she told me to find my way back to the person I wanna be, the person who I am and I know she felt as if I'm no longer the person she once knew before I left for Chicago and she's right. I've lost my morals, I've lost my integrity, my dignity is questionable with my current situation and I know somehow the old me is inside, and I'll find her once again.

I went to work with a renewed energy and even after ignoring Dean I still need a few more time on my own. To think things through. To keep my mind settled.

I went to work and even if today I am scheduled for another closed door meeting with them for the upcoming sentencing, I made it to a point to talk to my boss and inform him I won't be around for it. I took it errands that would take my time and avoiding him right now is what I need. So I did.

When he arrived I locked myself in the rest room, when they left for lunch I made sure I already had mine and presented to help file some old documents away from where Dean would be passing by. I managed to hide and run and avoid him the whole time he was in the office. When work was done I asked Klaus to pick me up since I didn't wanna commute going to see Cherry and my mom. And because I heard from the cleaner that Dean was still in the conference with the legal team and as much as I tried to avoid seeing him, the moment I stepped out my desk they were all coming out from the room.

He had this strange look in his eyes, it was questioning me in some way and I chose to be civil and professional. He stared like I was some question he was trying to answer.

I walked away not wanting to see him even if I could hear them following from behind me. I walked without looking back and without even acknowledging my boss who was preoccupied with a discussion over his phone. I waved my hand to which he returned with a nod.

Dean trailed behind with his own peers as they told him something about work while I walked my way out and found Klaus waiting across the street. He was outside as usual and was in his casual clothes this time meaning he didn't go to work. I felt relieved seeing him as I ran my way up to where he was and gave him a peck on the cheek which is quite normal for us to do. Specially when we're in front of a crowd.

He glanced at Dean quickly and I gave him a knowing look when he raised a brow at me. He opens the door for me and I quickly got in. I glanced outside and found Dean just staring and stealing glances as he hopped in his car.

"So, how was your day?" Klaus asked and I sighed in relief.

"No one told me it could be exhausting avoiding someone." I reacted as we drive back to their home. He gave out a little laugh.

"And why if I may ask are you avoiding the confused man?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulder.

"I don't know, I just, I don't know, maybe I feel guilty." I said not knowing exactly why I'm avoiding Dean.

"Shouldn't you come clean about that matter instead of playing tom & Jerry? It's not like you can keep up with that. Seriously Tinker bell, get your shit right and confront the dude"

"Confront him about what?" I said almost yelling my frustration at him.

"Jesus frigging Christ Blakey,! How could you be this naïveté and get in an affair without knowing the basics. Confront him about what you want, where you stand and how you're gonna make it work considering the situation. At least find out if he has plans for you for that matter." He says honking at the slow moving car in front of us.

"But I don't know how." I said because honestly I know I'd flip in cowardice when I'm with him, I know I cannot bring myself to open about the real thing we have in our hands.