And so it begins.

Blake's POV.

I arranged a dinner over one of Sadies restaurant to gather my closest friends and to catch up with them as well. I couldn't fit in the time to meet them one by one so I just decided to set up something.

After my visit to my parents I went home that day more fulfilled somehow. I was able to laugh with my dad and smile at the good memories we had with Klaus. We spoke of fun times and even though I miss him terribly I was at peace knowing he was somewhere better, without pain. And if there's anything good out of his death, it's knowing he won't have to struggle with anything anymore because he's in paradise. And I know he's happy where he is.

I clutched my bracelet and he held it close to my heart and in a second I was interrupted with a hug and little cheers from little voices. It was Avie and her family. The kids have seemed to grow up but remains  as sweet as they are. I couldn't help but welcome their sweet embrace.

"We missed you aunt Blake." Lily whispered.

"I missed you more guys." I answered before giving them kisses on their cheeks like their toddlers. Kyle would break hearts one day, the boy is getting more handsome as he grows. I turn to the youngest Cedric who was shying away behind her moms back.

Carrie after the accident was still willing to work despite what happened and doesn't blame us, now Avie in need of a hand with the kids hired her for some help which she gladly accepted.

"I'm so glad to see you again." Avie whispered and we shared a long hug like we haven't seen each other in ages.

"Me too."

I turned to Eiffer who consoled me in so many ways like an older brother.

"How you holding up?" He asks trying to assess me physically just to make sure I was totally fine. So I let my hand brush down my hair and twirled around for them to see.

"I am back and I'm fighting hard." I said with a cheery smile. After I know I've convinced them we resumed to our reserved spot in the far end of the restaurant as we wait for the others.

Penelope and Caleb came next with a bunch of pink roses. She says it's to welcome me back.

"Shall we start? I'm starving." Avie says and I looked at the entrance in hesitation and she took notice easily.

"Sorry, are you expecting more guests?" She asked in curiosity.

"I invited Dean and Trish." I said with a smile and that got them all silent for a moment in contemplation of they heard what I said correctly.

I looked at them baffled and took the initiative to whisk the awkwardness away.

"We're in good terms." I simply said and they smile.

"That's good, that's good." Avie breaks the silence.

"It's a long story." I said knowing she was gonna ask how and what happened. I didn't plan on hiding it anyway or keeping it a secret, after all they will find out soon the link within our rekindled friendship.

"We have all night." She says and we chuckle a bit before relaxing back to our seats just in time Dean came with Trish trailing behind her.

She wasn't the same Trish I knew. She was still poised but over all, she was more beautiful now.

She was the first to come forward and offered her hand but instead I grabbed it and pushed myself for a hug of whatever closure we both needed and when she relaxed over my uncalled for embrace she sighed in what seemed to be a relief.

"Can we skip the awkwardness part and just start on a clean slate cause I seriously don't wanna talk about anything regarding our history." She spoke and genuinely I agreed.