Chapter 26: Your Back!!!!!

London P.O.V

{3 Months Later}

Finally it's graduation day. The day I become a grown up and live my own life. The day I have freedom from high school. The ceremony didn't start until 10 and it was currently 8:30.

My mom and dad were downstairs waiting for me while I put on the rest of my make up. Paris was in her room curling her hair and putting on the rest of her make up. When I was finish putting on my make up I went to Paris' room to see her putting on her heels. I smiled at her and she smiled back. "Are you excited about graduation?" I asked her.

"Of course I am. Today is the day we become free from the high school life. Are you?" she said and asked me.

"Of course I am. You know I am. Starting a new  part in life is what I've been waiting for." I said dreamily. She nodded and mom and dad called us from downstairs. We put on our cap and gowns  and went downstairs. When their eyes landed on us, their face immediately changed into huge smiles.

"Oh looked at my babies, you guys look so grown up." my mom said waving her hand in her face preventing tears to come in her eyes.  She hugged us both, we hugged her back then hugged dad. I looked at my phone and saw it was now 9:00 so I stopped hugging dad.

"Guys we need to get going it's already 9:00." I said and they nodded. We exited the house and dad locked it. We got in my parents car because they thought it would be a good idea for us to ride with them to our graduation, even though we have our own cars.

10 minutes we arrived at our school and dad parked. We got out and looked for the rest of our friends. We were walking when we found Jamie and Claudia talking. We ran to them and pounce on them and they almost fell. They hugged us back and let out a high pitched scream.

"I can't believe were graduating." Jamie said jumping up and down.

"I know but what will we do after graduation, Are we ever gonna see each other again?" Claudia said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Of course we'll see each other." Paris said patting her back reassuring her. She smiled and met up with the rest of our friends. We were talking when the principle called everyone for the ceremony. We all started walking to the field and all the parents and guests took their seats. We took our seats where our names were labeled. When everyone sat down in their seats the principle went on stage and started talking.  I wasn't really focused on what he was saying because all he was talking about  was the school's history and how every year we follow a tradition.

Then the valedictorian, Emerson Adams came up and did his speech. It was long but it made me actually really think about what I want to do with my life. For so long I've waited for this day to come and now I really wonder about my future. I know it's too late to be finding out what I want to do for my career but you can't blame me. But what really caught me off was what Emerson said last.

"Who cares if you don't know what you want to be when you get out of college. Some people aren't ready for the real world but it's okay. We have our families to help. We have our moms, dads, sisters, and brothers and so many more to help us on our way. So when they say it's too late, it's really never too late. So class of 2016 I would like to say this.......Be leaders and always believe in your self for the greater good. This isn't a goodbye ceremony, its a see you again. Because in the future we will see each other again. Thank you and see you again." he said and everyone in the crowd stood up and clapped.

I even stood up because what he said really got me thinking. The principle came back on stage and start calling names. Everyone was still clapping as the principle kept calling names.