Chapter 10: Two Broken Hearts

Claudia's P.O.V

"Claudia would you please come out? I'm worried about you." My Mon yelled from the other side of the door.

"Mom I'm fine leave me alone." I said wiping my red nose.

"Sweetheart no your not. Everyday when you cone home from school you cry. Tell me what's wrong."

"Mom I said everything is fine." I reassured her.

"Ok but I'm getting your brother," she said and I heard her walking away. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Who is it?"

"Your favorite brother," he said laughing.

"Your my only brother you idiot," I said opening the door. He closed the door behind him and locked it.

"What's wrong and don't tell me its nothing." He said.

I took a deep breath and finally told him" I told Lucas how I felt. And when I told him he didn't care. I told him I had feelings for him since we were little and he still didn't seem to care. So he asked me did I really wanna give up our friendship. And I told him I gave up a lot for him. Then I told him don't call or text me and I came home."

"Lucas does care Claudia. Believe it or not Lucas use to have feeling for you to." He said.

"If he does cares he has a funny way of showing it. And if he did have feelings for me, he could have told me." I said irritated.

"Well that's just how boys are. We expressed our feelings differently." Jace said calmly.

"Well I'm done with guys. So you don't have to be protective any more." I told him.

"You can't possibly mean that Claudia," he said.

"Actually I do mean that. I gave up lots of nice guys because of Lucas. And now they all have girlfriends. And I'm alone so I do mean that." I said seriously.

"Well I can't force you, and I kinda like that idea. So I'll go." He got up and closed the door behind him.

Just talking about it makes me cry. I wipe my watery eyes and read a book.

Lucas P.O.V

After I was done taking a shower my phone started ringing. I quickly put on my boxers and answered.

"Hello?"

"Lucas I'm gonna kill you. What is wrong with you?" Jace yelled whispered.

"Wait, what did I do?" I ask.

"Claudia. You should have told her your feelings for her long time ago. Now she crying. " He said.

"How can I even tell her if she hates me. And besides I still love Joy." I said.

"Fuck Joy. She's always been a bitch and you know it. You still love Claudia you just don't want to admit it."

"So what if I did still love Claudia. She doesn't want to talk to me." I sighed frustrated.

"Well come over and talk to her. My mom just went to the store. And I'm not playing come over." He said sternly.

"Okay ok I'll come over. Give me 10 minutes."

"Ok. Bye," he said.

"Bye," I said and hung up. I put on a black V-neck shirt with some dark blue jeans and some vans. I dried my hair with a towel and grabbed my phone and keys. I walked out the door and got in my car. I started it and drove to Claudia's house.

Once I got there I parked the car and went to the door and knocked. Jace opened the door and I followed him to his room. When we got in his room he sat on his bed and I sat on his rollie chair.