A Beautiful Start 2- One Shot

As soon as we sat around the dining table, the duo bombarded me with questions. First, for my health, as according to them I looked pale. I shrugged it away. And second, of my honeymoon at the Hawaii Island, wanting to spill out every detail. Another hour passed and we dragged our discussions to the bedroom. The conversation now turned towards Riya, who we thought blushing at the mention of incident happened earlier. Finally, we drown a conclusion that Riya might have been struck with love.

"Trish, you have to do something for this. She has to meet that hot doctor to move things forward," declared Shweta, with a smirk on her lips. She was laying on her stomach while Riya kept a safe distance, sitting on the armchair by the balcony. Even with the curtains drawn, the bright light penetrated inside.

"I know... I know. I have decided to drag her with me on my coming visit to Doc. Surely Neel will be so pleeeaassseed to see her," I chortled.

"You guys. Stop it alright! For the last time, he held my gaze, I couldn't look away," she tried explaining, but the colour on her cheeks portrayed a different story.

"Ooooo...." I and Shweta teased, and with the look of exasperation, she stood up and disappeared behind the washroom doors.

"By the way Trisha, why would you be visiting him when you have just been checked," Shweta began, her eyebrows knitted together in concern.

"Nothing...really!" I stammered. Thankfully her scrutiny came to a halt when Riya came out of the washroom with a stunned look on her face.

"What happened? Missing him already?" I asked innocently, trying to pull her further.

"I don't think so, missy!" her voice was croaked and her smile was widening every second. Her hands were locked behind her.

"What is it?" I asked urgently, feeling nervous.

Slowly, she swung her hand forward with her palm turned upwards. The stick lay in her hands and I cursed loudly.

"Damn!" I muttered.

Shweta looked at me dumbfounded. "You are pregnant!" her voice was too got croaked.

"Okay. But you can't tell anybody! I wanted Aayan to know first," I said, desperately.

Then the three of us looked at each other with a profound silence, as if the moment had altered our lives in a meaningful kind of way. Riya, suddenly ran towards me and hugged me heartily; not to mention, refraining squeezing me in the middle. Shweta too joined the hug. And after a minute or two, we again looked at each other, grinned.

"Congratulations, sister. This calls for a celebration... Of course you can't have alcohol but apparently, we can. I can fix you with my mocktail recipe," Riya smiled and then turned and ran downstairs, seemed to have following her plans.

A minute later, she was followed by Tara, balancing glasses and juice jug on a tray. Riya held a chilled Perrier-Jouët bottle with a broad grin. Tara kept the tray and wordlessly withdrew from our party.

As Shweta began to pour drinks in the glasses, Shweta cleared her throat.

We looked at her, waiting.

"I will rather have the juice," she mumbled, suppressing a smile.

"No way!" Riya cried.

"No freaking way!" I followed.

"Yes," Shweta smiled sheepishly and put a lock of her impossible hair behind her ear.

"When did that happen?" We both asked at the same time, making her jump on her seat.