The Royal Invitation

**Vote if you like!**

"Get in," he ordered.

I couldn't believe for a second that he was really there. But without thinking a bit, I complied. Just as I sat there, I realized that I could clear certain things between us. At least be clear about what he wanted from me, what kind of relationship we had and what was he expecting of me. But when the car sped, neither was I able to form any question nor was I able to suppress my nervousness in the new luxurious surrounding. My stance was rigid till we hit the coastal road. Soon the silence and looking away into the tranquil night sea put me into an ease.

"What are you thinking?" he asked breaking the silence. All this time I could feel his eyes on me.

"The queen's necklace, they say." I thought out aloud. The curved seaside road brightened by golden lights was a landmark of Mumbai. "It never ceases to amaze me, the beauty of this island."

"I used to come here with my father when I was little. We used to sit together for hours watching the sunset." He remembered.

I watched him, as he was lost in the memories. From what I read, his father died seven years ago. I knew how it felt to lose a pillar of your life. The man was a business legend. To be born as his son certainly must came with a set of expectations. Aayan not only followed his father footsteps well but also exceeded the expectations. He led SpeedEx to new heights in last few years.

"You miss him," I murmured placing my hand on his, looking into his soul. He closed the distance and took me in his arms. I rested my head on his chest, hearing his beating heart. It felt like my whole life shifted to a new axis, like entering into a different world. There was no going back from here. My life took an irreversible turn; I needed him in my life. It was a newfound realization.

Then again, I hoped that it would last longer. Earnestly I wished that he felt at least half of what I felt about him. Because when it would be over, the bond of our souls would be broken, would make me bleed inwardly. I would never be the same again. The thought of not having him in any way in my life instantly brought unending tear streams from my eyes.

"Hey, what happened?" Aayan asked cupping my face in his hands.

I could not say anything, to put my feelings into words. Therefore, I only looked into his golden depths, confessing my feelings and surrendering my soul. My fate now laid in his hands.

"You are fragile," he murmured. "I am too with you." Then he kissed me like never before. The unfathomable emotion took over both of us in harmony.

"I want you, Trisha," he whispered as he cradled me in his arms.

"I want you too, Aayan." I let that fact sink into me. There was no turning back now. I wished to be worthy of such happiness he was giving me. "But I want to keep this a secret."