The new Assignment

In the evening of the very day, when I was showering, I heard an impatient knock on the door. When I asked the intruder, who was no other than Shweta, she just told me to get out, wasting no more than a second. I shook my head and thought if I should give her the benefit of doubt. Hurriedly I wrapped the towel around me and got out. She was standing with hands behind her back, grinning ear to ear.

"Well...?" I asked standing on the threshold of the bathroom door.

"Be ready to get excited..." she sang and held out an envelope that looked like an invitation. Before I had the chance to ask her about it, she thrust it into my hand.

Vinita Mehta

Invites you to the Lakme Fashion Week

At Taj Exotica

On 25th October

 "Is that a pass for the fashion week?" I asked raising my brows.

She nodded and told me how she managed to get the pass for the most sought out event in Indian fashion industry. "This is the first time when my creativity will be showcased. I am nervous and excited. I want everything to be perfect. In fact, I am going to dress up both of us for that event," she continued.

"How can we afford the expensive ones?" I grumbled and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Ms. Ray, don't you worry about that. There are advantages of working for one of the most talented fashion names alive." She grinned proudly and hopped beside me. She sighed and lied down on the bed, her legs dangling.

The story about my meeting with Aayan lingered on my lips. Finally, I held my breath and began, "I have a surprise for you too!"

"Spill the beans," Shweta exclaimed, sitting upright in a flash. She might have already guessed.

"Well, I met the mystery man today," I smiled and fiddled with my wet hair as I waited for her response.

She looked at me questioningly, prompting to proceed with the story. Encouraged enough, I recited my story from the start. Sometime in between of my narration, she interrupted me to ask me how he looked.

"I can show you on the internet," I smirked and showed her the SpeedEx website. There was a full-size picture of him, wearing an elegant suit and standing before the large SpeedEx logo.

Shweta's jaws dropped. The look on her face was priceless, as she stared thunderstruck at the picture. It took her several minutes before she composed herself and managed a response. "Is that him? The most freaking eligible bachelor in Mumbai?"

I nodded with a tentative smile lingering on my mouth. "Aayan is offering me a job in his company," I declared.

"Trisha, are you sure about this?" Shweta voiced her concern. "He is not going to take advantage of you, is he?

"I can't lie to you, I have my doubts," I admitted reluctantly. "But today, when he spoke of his feelings, it all felt genuine. On the other hand, it is too good to be true."

"What about the job he is offering?" Her inquisition continued.

"He wants me to work for SpeedEx, probably in the design department," I hypothesized.

"Then it sounds good. I say you go ahead with it." She smiled and then paused. "Just be careful and take your own sweet time to think about him. If he is really into you, he will find a way to entice you, "she added running her hands through her hair thoughtfully.