A well-Constructed drama

A painfully loud ping woke me on the next day. Through the narrow slit of my eyes, I saw the message on my mobile. It was my anonymous account. I sat up with great difficulty and put on the light. It was 4 o'clock in the morning.

BikeFrenzy: Hey.

Ladyholmes: Hi.

BikeFrenzy: Today you will get a call in maybe half an hour!

Ladyholmes: Ohk.

BikeFrenzy: Just listen to the background conversation.

Ladyholmes: What should I expect?

BikeFrenzy: A very well laid out plan. Which will be our next key! Hopefully.

Ladyholmes: Brilliant. Can't wait.

BikeFrenzy: Now I am signing out. Keep your phone at your side. Ciao.

I stared at the conversation one more time, Action time! Ms. Riya aka BikeFrenzy had done her homework. I got up for a quick shower to stay alerted, as morning time made me a lot lazy. I filled my cup with coffee and sat on the dining table.

Every minute or so, I was stealing glances at my phone on the tabletop! Checking for the battery one more time, I looked at the time. It was well past half an hour! Finally, phone ringed. I received and put it on the loudspeaker.

"Maa, What are you doing here? I was going to come downstairs for breakfast in another five minutes. I just finished showering" Riya's voice was a little too chirpy. I was breathing shallow, intently listening.

"Riya, what is this?" her mom sounded a little annoyed with a hint of anxiousness. What have you planned?

"What?" she sounded almost casual. "Why do you have my diary?"

"I need you to listen carefully when I say this." Mrs. Kar paused. "You are not going to be anywhere near Vikram!"

"First of all. You can't read anybody's personal diary mom! And second thing what's with spying on your own daughter?" Her voice took a notch high pitch. What did she write in that?

"Don't tell me what I should do! When did you get close to your cousin? You hardly talk to him!" Mrs. Kar fumed.

"The last he called telling me that he was impressed with my designs. Mom, people had been talking about the fashion show we had in my last semester. The news seemed to spread in London too! That's why he is imposing on a try-out for London Fashion Week!"

"You are simply delusional, Riya."

"Why can't you support me, instead of doing this!" she choked with crocodile tears. Don't go that way, Riya. Stick to the main point!

"I only want you to face the realities! And Vikram is a bad news, believe me!" Her mom's voice was echoing on the phone.

"Why do you say that? What has he done anyway?" Riya exploded in a shrill voice. Her acting now, impressed me.

"You are too small to know about the twisted world." I could know her mom was thinking hard maybe debating inside whether she should divulge information or not.

"Mom, if you want me to be secure and trouble free, then you must warn me against the twisted world and not to protect me from it! Coz eventually I will be on my own!"

Then there was silence for further seconds, I could guess, that they were looking into each other's eyes.

"Can't you just take my word for it?" Her mom barely whispered, maybe taking her last straw not to tell her.