Sweet and Sour

"Aayan," I whispered breathlessly, breaking the spell.

"Shh..." He put his fingers on my lips. He continued with his teasing, my hormones going wild. He traced his thumb on the corner of my lower lip. Parting my lips, I bent my head backward. He hovered underside of my neck, smelling as if he was about to bite. Then suddenly his fingers started to go down my sternum, my robe slowly opening. My heart thumping loudly proclaiming his love. Was I ready for more? I could not tell. My hormones taking control of my body and mind. The logic and reason left me. I was left with one truth. Desire.

"Damn. Trisha, you are making me wild!" He murmured softly, blowing air through his lips to my collarbone. I was more than ready for the next step.

Suddenly he pushed me away, waking me from my wild self. "Not this way," he muttered under his breath, fighting his own urges.

"Aayan... I am sorry for what I have put you through!" I mumbled, with my sincerity.

"Hey..." He said raising my chin to meet his eye level. "Don't. Let us not talk about it. Alright?" His eyes glowing with emotions. "I missed you so damn much that it hurt." Then he swept me off my feet and carried me to the bed.

We lay there spooning like a couple. It was so natural I wondered how I had spent the last two weeks. There was no need for us to say anything. Instead, we were comforted in each other's arms, erasing the heartaches to some level. Soon the sleep overpowered us.

***

When I woke up in the morning, I saw Aayan breathing softly in his sleep. His chest rising and falling slowly in a rhythm. His pouty and little-parted lips inviting me, tempting me. Slowly I straddled him and gave him a peck on his lips. He groaned in his sleep, his hands coming from both sides of me, bringing me to his chest. I could hear the heartbeats of the man I love, it was loud and clear, he was the one. He was the one for me. I would never dare to think to stay away from him again. All those sleepless nights, and what went wrong was definitely not worth it. There we were finding each other again, peaceful and happy.

"God, I would love to wake up with you every day!" he said kissing and nibbling my earlobe.

"Good morning, my Prince," I whispered. 

"You are the morning glory, my Princess. I finally had the opportunity to wake up with a girl who I love," he murmured slipping his hands through my T-shirt at the small of my back, caressing my skin. I was getting warm under his touch. I could smell the pheromones all around me.

"Really? It is hard to believe that you didn't sleep with anybody before," I started knitting my brows.

"No, darling. It is my first time ever sleeping with a girl. I had a no sleepover policy." He smirked.

"You are not actually helping this situation." I pinched him on his arm.

"Aww. It hurts," he moaned.

"Good. That was my intention," I giggled. "And I hope I would be the last person to be in your bed. Mind it! I can be extremely possessive and violent."

"Oh, yea... Let's see your capabilities, shall we?" he sat up and was on his knees, ready for his prey. "A wrestling match? Are you a game?"

Oh, how I love playful Aayan! I was ready to flee when he leaped onto me. In the process, we both fell on the carpet. I was trying giving him the equal fight; even with all my adrenaline, I was not able to get him off me. We were again back to making out, I had a little clue how the fight turned into a hot make-out. After long minutes, we broke and started for the shower. It was so natural we brushing together, pushing each other out of the way to look into the mirror, that I almost fantasized about living together. It took all ounce of energy to control not to sneak a peek while he was taking a shower. Apparently, we were taking all this slow.

When we were both ready for work, the breakfast was already been served on the dining table. We ate teasing each other under the table. I was giggling like a teenager again. I would love morning like this forever.

Before leaving for work, we were back in the bed spooning like a couple. I was going to take as much as the scent of him with me to work.

"Aayan, can I ask you something?" I asked; glad that he would not see me.

"What baby?"

"Why are you here in Delhi?"

"I had to see you. I could not stay away from you. These last few days were most excruciatingly painful."

"Me too," I confessed.

Soon a long silence followed. Something in his touch changed.

"Then why Trisha? Why are you playing with our emotions?" he finally spoke with an eerily cold tone. He then forced me to look into his eyes turning me over. Suddenly the air changed between us.

I found it very difficult to explain myself, as I simply could not think of anything. Therefore, I just pressed myself into his hard chest.

"Trisha, you don't get to do this. This is not fair. You taking all our decision based on your convenience." He pushed me away. I could feel the threat just by this body language. He was getting angry.

"I..." I stammered as I did not know what to say anymore.

He sat up looking away from me. Suddenly the physical distance was more than anything I can bear.

"You cannot do this. It is you now, who is playing games," his anger evident in his tone.

"No...Please..." I pleaded with tear-filled eyes.

"Then why Trisha? Why you caused both of us such pain?" he turned to look at me demanding an answer.

I drew my knees inside my chest, lowering my eyes, "Because I am a coward alright!"

Silence.

"I was afraid that you would break my heart eventually. We are a world apart, Aayan. Don't you understand?"

"That's not the reason, Trisha. It is a mere excuse," he sulked, walking towards the balcony of the suite. The air became chilly giving me shudders as he opened the door.

"I had been hurt before. It felt like I could never love anybody again," I said in trembling tone, shifted myself to the edge of the bed.

I was in head over heels in love with a boy before; he left me humiliated in front of the world. The hurt was so deep. It took all these years to heal. Still, I felt in some part of the heart. The thing with Rahul would remain with no closure. The hate, the rage of what he had done to me, I still carried it with me. The day he showed up after all these years in front of me, I was speechless. There was hatred that I could not put into words. I had given him anything and everything at the drop of a hat. The song that he had written for me still played in my mind repeatedly, reminding me of those bittersweet memories.

I had decided not to fall for anybody in my life again. I had to protect my heart. The only option was to close it thoroughly. Never to open it to anybody.

There I was, in a situation where I was most vulnerable, most open, only to hurt because of him. Not only he tore down the wall around me, but also he had cut me open. It only took him that one glance, those golden-green eyes that bore into my soul, making a permanent carving in my heart.

"I had also been hurt before, Trisha. Don't try to get the sympathies from me," he said curtly.

I did not know how to convince him anymore that I would not run away from him. That I needed him as I needed air to breathe.

"Would you please forgive me?" I asked using my last resort, pouring all the emotions into that one line.

He turned and walked towards me, "You know, what your problem is?" he demanded me to look into eyes.

"You don't trust me. And where there is no trust, there will never be love." He said with closure in his voice. His face betrayed no emotion.

I was terrified of what would come next.

"I will tell my driver to drop you to the factory." And he was gone, no word, without glancing back.

**Vote and swipe for the next chapter.**