The Sunrise

As soon as Aayan's mother went to her bedroom, I lost myself in Aayan's embrace, as I needed some reassurance in the form of a simple touch. He understood my need and kept his arms protectively around me. His one hand running on my back in a soothing way.

"Was that so bad then?" he asked in a fluttering voice.

"No. it wasn't," I assured him still buried in his chest. He pulled me out of his arms and forced me to look into his eyes.

"The truth, Trisha!" he demanded with a controlling tone.

"She was concerned about you, that's all," I muttered.

He still looked unconvinced fluttering his eyelids a little. His dark hair had fallen on his forehead. "This discussion will continue once we get you out of this dress and made you comfortable enough," he said with a little wickedness. On the other hand, maybe I was hallucinating. He took my hand and started for my room dragging me.

Once we were inside, I quickly freed myself from his grasp and looked for my nightdress. It was still in the bag. I snatched the white nighty from the bag and started to go to the bathroom.

"You can change here. One of these days, we really have to be comfortable without clothes too!" This time, his voice was dripping with wickedness.

I stuck my tongue out. "You wish. Now turn around. I want to change," I replied, pushing him the other way.

"That's not fair!" he mimicked childishly. "It is like denying candy to a small innocent kid. You are heartless."

"Well, this candy is hard to get. If he has some patience, he would get it, eventually." I was playing my part as well.

"Please a little peek wouldn't harm," he beguiled, raising his brows. Even I was walking on a thin rope. One request and I would literally let go.

"Nope. Not happening," I denied. He needed to know that I was not easy for him.

Finally, when I could not get my zipper down on my awfully fitted dress, I groaned.

"Can I help you with something?" He asked expectedly, still looking in the opposite direction.

"Yeah. This stupid zipper will not budge. Could you unzip_" I stopped in midsentence as he quickly came behind me.

"My pleasure," he let out his hot breath on my neck. A shiver ran through my spine, I was counting my own ragged breath. Damn him and his touch.

"This is so reminding me of the time in the lift of Kohinoor Tower. Your skin looked so flawless and soft. But now its way better that I can be able to really touch it."

He ever so slow unzipped the dress to my waist. My legs hardly stood still, when I turned slowly to face him, breaking the contact.

"Now it is unfair. The effect you have on me!" I said annoyingly. "Your job is done now."

He turned reluctantly, tapping his feet as if waiting for me to finish. I put on my long nightgown and went to him hugged him.

"Trisha now is the time, what my mother say to you?" he asked holding my face in his hands.

"She saw my pictures with Vikram. She doesn't trust me," I muttered quietly.

"It doesn't matter what she thinks. She will have to accept you as my wife someday," he said with such an ease that I could not believe he said it. It sounded like a proposal. Am I imagining again?

"Wife?" I repeated astounded.

"Yeah, I mean when we would get married and all. She will surely melt when she will see her grandchildren anyways!"