The Riddled Answers

My head started spinning from all the overload of complications. I did not know what to believe anymore. The claustrophobia began to set in.

"And don't worry. We are heading to Turkey, after the short ceremony in the morning. I have already booked us an excellent hotel. I thought at first that you were smart and willing. I had to waste my resources to convince you."

"I would never!" I spat breathing shallow, and tears threatened to fall.

"Then watch your family die!" he warned ominously. "Why the fuck is it so hard for you to love me? I have a freaking amount of money. And if you had helped me, we would have managed to get SpeedEx. Nevertheless, I don't want that anymore." He said, looking at his fingers as he pondered. "I will give up Aayan and his family over you. I will stop my plans to ruin them, kill them. Just for you!"

"Can you?" I probed.

"Yes," he whispered and his eyes for a fraction of the second felt devoid of his foreboding self.

Immeasurable seconds passed between us as I tried to break down the realities. If it would save my loved one's lives, could I think of being with this man? My god. My brain had started to trick me. Perhaps, it was because of the drug me.

What if!

I slapped myself back to the place. This man had killed Aayan's father, caused him nothing but pain and misery all his life!

He does not deserve to be happy. He does not deserve to win. He does not deserve to be free in the society!

"In that case, I would be willing to compromise," I lied, holding his gaze, and pouring some affection in my demeanour. "On a condition, you have to leave them alone!"

"Will you love me, like you love Aayan?" he questioned, holding his breath, at the same time scrutinizing my every move.

"Your love can grow on me," I answered thoughtfully, wiping my eyes. It had to believable enough.

For a minute there, I believed that he did not buy that. I slowly moved my hands towards his and grasped it. "Only if you leave them alone. That means no SpeedEx, no killing or threatening anybody from his and my family including Aayan. I can move to London with you, with cutting off all my old ties."

He moved, allowing me to stand up, wherein he got closer tentatively. My whole body screamed in protest, as I sensed him once again coming into my personal space. He brushed his thumb over my lower lip and stared deep into my eyes. The shade of his narrow eyes got darker, as he leaned in and claimed my lips.

Tears started streaming down my cheeks at the helplessness I felt. The feeling was impalpable. Finally, I kept my hand on his chest to pull away. "I need time!"

"Why?"

I noticed his troubled expression. "Because there are a lot of things unanswered. Why did you kill Akash Kar?" Ok Trish, one-step at a time! I knew that Aayan was coming to get me.

He cursed under his breath. "Never trust a woman!" he muttered to himself.

"Please. I need to know!" I said moving my hand on his chest, to feel the contour of his muscled chest under his white shirt.

"He killed my father, that's why!" he spat suddenly moving away.

"No. he did not!" I mumbled, trying to dig in his brain. "Your father killed himself. He couldn't cope with his failures!"

"That's fucking bullshit. My uncle had been responsible for my dad's suicide. If it were not for him and his ego, my father, and the old family business would have thrived. He not only shadowed him under his fake glory but also left him when he realized that Kar Textiles had headed for doom. You know, what kind of life my mother and my sister had to live because of that. Living on his support. We did not need his fake pity! The man thought himself as invincible. I had to show him that he was wrong. I was always bigger than him."