Lost Girl (Aayan's Point of View)

**Aayan's POV**

My knees gave up and I collapsed on the chair losing my balance. My eyes fluttered, my vision blurred because of the tears warning to break out of lids. I stared at the letter, my hand was trembling I held the piece of paper, it felt like a part of my heart, on which she had stomped on. To hell with her, damn insecurities! How many times did I tell her that I got over Alina? That she was nothing to me. The hard-headed woman never understood.

I kept the letter on the tabletop and bent down to collect the scattered pictures of Alina and me. Freaking Photoshop! Trish, you are smarter than this crap!

I cursed myself repeatedly. I knew that this was not at all going to help me. However, the helplessness was overpowering me. What should I do? Where have you gone, Trish? How could you leave me? How could you be so heartless?

The thing that made it ten times worse was the ring she threw on the floor. Doesn't she have the guts to do it on my face?

I picked up the ring, and her smiling face flashed before me. She did love this ring. She loved when I had put on to her finger. The twinkling eyes did not lie. I traced the rim of the ring, taken back to the time when I had first proposed her. Damn that timing was wrong. I knew in my heart that I rushed her, I should not have. She was not ready, was she ready now? Or just said yes to incessant pressurizing?

I rubbed my temples. My mind started to play tricks with me. Where should I find her?

What if she still doesn't accept you, then what? My subconscious sneered.

"No," I muttered to myself. "She loves me." Her eyes did not lie. They danced with joy after the engagement. There had to be some explanation. She already explained her alright! My subconscious countered.

I lifted the letter to reread but dropped it. I could not bear to read the words again. "Trisha, you will have to come back, instead of running away like a coward, let me explain." I picked my cell phone for any texts from her but none. I tried calling her, but the phone was switched off. I made few calls to my security, asked them to check the apartment and the office.

"I want an update in not more than five minutes! Did you understand?" I ordered and cut the call. The frustration rose with every second passing.

"Aayan, what's going on? Where is Trisha?" mom asked, storming inside the suite, with Shweta and Riya close behind her. "It's been more than half an hour. People are wait..." she stopped in midsentence, probably studying my face.

"She left," I said, and turned to hide my tearful face. I took some deep breaths and showed them the letter, the ring, and Alina's pictures with me. As I was sitting covering my face with my hands. Trisha's mother and brother came, with same amount stress narrowing on their foreheads.

Shweta took the letter and started reading aloud.

Aayan,

How could you do that to me? I have found out about you and Alina. I am deeply hurt and angry. You don't get to hurt me. You can do all the two timing with Alina. Maybe get back together with her. I could not care less.

But don't you dare come behind me, pleading for forgiveness. Because I do have my self-respect. You think you are the one with all the money to throw at me or any other woman for that matter. It does not tick me.

So if you loved me, then you will never bother me again. Right now, I am going far away from this place, until I get a peace of mind. I don't love you, and maybe I never loved you. You are just another arrogant man who mocks women as if they are your slaves.