In Denial

~Selena~

            The arena lit up in chants as I trailed the back hallways. I had been all dolled up in my latest concert attire, making my way towards the stage as my name was called over and over. The sounds practically made the walls dance as a hand caught mine.

            "You were going to leave me," Nick smiled as I shrugged.

            "Kind of." His fingers caressed the back of my hand before he released me. "Have you seen Demi?" My question only caused my boyfriend to spin around once.

            "Nope. No sign of her."

            "I could of done that." I swat at him, making my way towards the stage once more. The door sat tightly sealed, a few guards standing at its frame. Demi and I had always dreamed of touring together, but for the past month she's been M.I.A during shows. She'd perform her sets, but would always disappear right before mine.

            "Good luck," Nick pressed his lips against my forehead as I took a deep breath.

            "Thanks." His eyes had this type of glow to them, as if all he saw was me, and I was his entire world. "Catch you after the show." I slowly slid away from him, carrying myself onto the stage as the lights slowly dimmed down. My name was chanted over and over, the floor moving and vibrating to the sound. I knew exactly where my microphone stood and as I made it over to the steel object, I became blanketed in blue. I gazed among the crowd, all new faces and smiles and screams that sounded so familiar. The energy from my fans fueled me to do my best.

            After two hours of my set, I thanked everyone for coming out and ran back stage. I was practically starving as I brushed my hair out of my face. I couldn't find Nick. He must of went into the dressing room, which is what I told myself. The space was somehow closing in on me, or so it felt as I strolled past Demi's door. I had checked earlier if she was somehow hiding away but to no avail. I hadn't found her. This time, without knocking, which I admit was my fault, I turned the knob and stepped inside. The lights were already flicked on as I gazed past a mess of clothes on the floor and entangled in the mess laid a very nude Demi.

            "I'm sorry," I quickly shied away, walking against the door as the brunette turned her head to face me.

            "My earlier escapades left me in such a state." She giggled, brushing her fingers through her hair before sitting up. I hadn't spotted another body next to her until she shifted to sit upright.

            "Oh," I covered my eyes, trying to shield myself from what I was seeing. Next to her lay one of our backup dancers. He had been sprawled out on the floor just as naked and exposed as Demi. "I'm so sorry."

            "I know. You said that. Can you uh, close the door before the entire tour group sees me in the nude?" Demi was moving. I could hear her as I slowly backed myself into the door more, closing myself inside. It was a weird action to do because I should of fled like any normal and sane person would. Demi quickly forced the dancer to get himself dressed, she herself still taking her sweet time to cover her body.

            "I'm looking for Nick." I randomly blurted out.

            "Why the hell would he be in here? I mean he has a rock hard body and all but I don't think I'd fuck him." Demi tapped her chin. "I mean you're dating him and all."

            "I didn't mean he was in here with you like this." I signaled over towards her just as the dancer gave me a half smile. I allowed him to leave, just as Demi began to dress herself. "So this is what you're usually up to?"