EIGHTEEN

Standing in front of the board in the Demon Hunter's bar I rolled my eyes, not for the first time as Fang tried to convince the team to hunt me. Just as always my eyes found Ban on the board. My fingers reached towards the page that he rested on, but I clenched them into a fist before taking the page down.

Ban, one of these days I was going to collect the bounty on his head. One day I would have my revenge for all of the sins he committed against me. Sadly, today wasn't that day. I didn't know when that day would come. Maybe it would be another two hundred years from now.

Squeezing my eyes shut there was no need to get worked up over Ban. Sooner than later we would cross paths again. The Night of Demons was coming. I couldn't allow Ban and Kenji to bring hell to earth. I couldn't allow Soji to be killed in order for them to complete that task.

Grabbing another page off the board I turned around to see Emiko glaring at me. She had been doing that since last night. I guess someone was still upset that their shoulder was injured. Rai was glaring at me as well. She was mad just because she was a teenager.

"Children playing at Hunters. Why don't you all run home?" A voice said and my eyes shifted to the man that spoke. Ignoring him I turned the page around making sure that we all were in agreement that this would be our next target. "I said go home."

The man came forward and grabbed Soji's shoulder. He yanked Soji around and the fact that he was touching Soji pissed me off. The man was a meathead, more muscle than brains. He was in the wrong bar. You didn't need to be strong to hunt demons. You needed to be smart though. If he was messing with us, he already failed the IQ test.

"You will remove your hand," Emiko said her voice was low and threatening. Tucking away the page I took down, our next target was going to be the Fear Demon Korku. He was B-Class and the price on his head was four hundred thousand credits. It would be enough to get us a car and back home to Amy.

Stepping forward I noticed that the idiot was still in front of us. He now had two of his friends that stepped up to join him. What were they doing behaving like this in a Demon Hunter Bar? Maybe they were Bounty Hunters that just decided to hunt demons. They would be dead before the day was out.

In Bounty Hunter bars, it was okay to get into senseless fights. You could beat your chest and wave your dick around. Shout to everyone willing to listen that you were the big man on campus. Things didn't go that way in a Demon Hunter bar. You sat down, you shut up, you had your drink, picked your target. Then if you believed in God, you prayed you made it back home.

"Why don't you go make me a drink, bitch?" The one touching Soji said. I chuckled just because I hated Emiko so anyone calling her out of her name was fine by me. Still I agreed with Emiko. He needed to get his hands off of what didn't belong to him.

I grabbed the hand that was touching Soji. It didn't matter how strong this man was he was still a human. I could have been in a four-year-old boy and I would still be stronger than him. I pushed the bigger man away before grabbing Rai. I pulled them towards the door. The last thing that we needed was an unnecessary drama that came with these types of people.

"Who said you could leave?" The big man asked as his goons blocked the path to the door. I sighed; were we really going to do this? He needed to go back to the Bounty Hunter bar with their big guns and their wee little brains. Demon Hunters should know better than to waste energy.

No one wanted to fight a demon with a broken jaw. It would be like swimming in shark infested tank with an open cut. Once the blood was in the water, you were fish food. These guys were just jokes if they were calling themselves Hunters and starting fights like jackasses.