THIRTY

I came at Ban the same time he came towards me. My nails were at their demon length. I came down on Ban, but my attack was blocked. Spinning around I came at Ban again. Everything that I threw at him was blocked time and time again.

I did have him on the move, that was more than I could hope for. It was more than I had gotten in the past. That had to do with my new found powers. They coursed through my veins strengthening me and helping me in this fight. I could feel it, for the first time I would beat him.

Ban ducked out of the way. He rolled and flipped around as he avoided or blocked my attacks. I wasn't giving him a chance to get any of hits in. Of course, Ban wasn't on to be on the run. He came after me again throwing out punches of his own.

We both flipped around blocking as we matched each other hit for hit. I ducked out of his way my hand swinging as I cut Ban across the jaw. His black blood rolled down his face to stain the white collar shirt he was wearing.

Reaching up he touched his blood. This was the second time today that I made him bleed. I was breathing heavy taking this chance to get a second wind. I knew this was going to be the hardest fight of my life. I couldn't lose though. I made him bleed. That was a confidence booster.

Ban backed away, but I came at him from the side and stabbed my nails into his shoulder. He looked at me as if he couldn't even feel it. My nails have broken his flesh before. It has always been doing sex. This wasn't sex, it wasn't even foreplay this time. This was me killing Ban.

He had looked me in the eyes before he gave me his famous half grin. In a moment, he punched me in the gut. I backed away touching the place where he punched me. His fist felt like a ton of bricks crashing into my stomach. One punch wasn't going to slow me down.

I wasn't giving up, I went at Ban again. He was ready for me. This hand to hand fast pace fighting wasn't likely to kill Ban. I knew he could dish out as much as I could take. This wasn't about beating him though. I wanted to feel his blood on my hands.

I wanted to punch him for every life he took from me. This fight was personal, it was painful and not just the time that he hit me. My heart hurt as I fought him. It was heavy with the lives I carried inside of me. It was conflicted because I could still believe he loved me.

I wanted to kill Ban, I was going to kill Ban. Still I knew that I miss him after he was gone. That didn't stop me from rushing towards Ban again. I kicked him in the stomach jumping out of the way of his neck attack. Ban held his hands together before slowly pulling them apart.

Ban's energy was visible in the form of black lighting. It crackled in his hand as he pulled his hands further away from each other. I could feel a panic rising inside of me. I had fought Ban tons of times in the past, but I never saw an attack like that before.

He gave me another one of his smiles. It was as if he could see my fear, maybe he could. Maybe he could hear, smell, and taste the fear inside of me. I tried to still my mind. There was no need for me to fear him, there was nothing that needed fearing. Then he released it, it went out in the form of a ball of dark lightning and it was coming straight for me.

I gasped in pain when I was too slow to avoid the attack. It hit me in the shoulder. I could smell my own blood as I reached up touching wound. This wasn't the time to give up. I couldn't ever give up. I had to fight harder. I had to be better.

The door to the roof bust open. I saw Rai, Ayase, and Fang come onto the roof. I smiled happily to see that they all were okay. They survived their battle with the lesser demons. Of course, this battle was nothing like the others.Fang seemed to have taken a moment to get an assessment of what was going on. In another second the Hell Hound jumped over my head going towards Ban.