TWENTY

The light led me to a graveyard that was in the town. Coming into the yard I saw Fang standing in the graveyard already. Noticing that there was someone in front of him, my eyes followed to find out what form this would take. Instead of seeing a shadow I saw the demon we came here for.

Running towards Fang I frowned at the scent of his blood. It was the rotten smell again instead of the better one I smelled the first day I meant him. There was a deep gash on his arm. His blood was dark, it was almost as black as a demon. There were so many questions that surrounded Fang. This only added one more to the ever growing list.

"Look who finally showed up. Fashionably late to the party aren't you, Zero." Fang said there was a tease in his voice and I laughed.

"Couldn't let you have all the fun." I countered his smart remark. I was happy to see that he was okay. I thought that we were going to find him in the same state as Emiko. Still I wondered what it was that scared Emiko.

"The vanity, Zero. You're just here to steal my thunder." I scoffed at him backing away and crossing my arms over my chest.

"By all means, the stage is yours." I wanted to see Fang fight. I was dying to know what kind of magic he was going to use. Korku laughed drawing our attention to the demon. He stood in his human form. His hair was bright orange, his eyes were dark blue nearly black. Even as he laughed, neither Fang nor I showed him any fear.

My eyes were on Fang as he started to make hand signs. Once again, I frowned as I started to realize why Fang blood smelled rotten when he was using his magic. This was the forbidden art, it was black magic. Humans weren't suppose to use black magic.

The dirt around us begin to stir. Soon hands started to pop out of the ground. My eyes shifted to the graves as the dead being to rise. I knew a spell like this. I didn't use it though. There was ever any need for me to raise the dead.

My eyes shifted to Fang. Using this kind of magic meant his powers were eating at his soul. It was okay for demons to do it. Whatever soul we had was already black and rotten. Fang wasn't a demon though. If he kept using this art, he would become a hollow shell. I wasn't sure, but I found I had a new respect for Fang. It took a strong person to use black magic in the first place.

Fang was either very brave or very foolish. I wasn't sure which side of the line he fell on. Maybe he had a foot on both. Either way what Fang did with his soul was none of my business. If he chooses to damn himself at least, his magic will prove him more useful than I originally thought.

Fang was standing still as the dead army he rose attacked Korku. The demon was handling his own against them. Of course, it was going to take more than that to kill a demon. Fang made another hand sign. I watched as the dead humans started to transform into an animal like creatures.

They all rushed to Korku. They all ripped into the fear demon. Korku went down, the demon things falling on top of him. The sound of smacking and chewing could be heard. I never saw anything eat a demon before. It was quite impressive.

"That's how you kill a demon with style," Fang called back to me. He had a smirk on his face as he boosted over his skills. I rolled my eyes at him but frowned. There was a light shining from under the dead things. They all exploded raining down bits of rotten flesh on us.

Korku stood in his demon form. His horns spiraled on top of his head. A tail whipped around the back of him. Sharp teeth jutted down from his mouth as drool dripped from the teeth. The drool sizzled as it fell to the ground.

Korku hawked back making this disgusting sound as he gathered spit from deep within his throat. After he had hawked it up, Korku spat at Fang. I watched as Fang sidestepped the disgusting thing. The spit hit a tombstone that was behind Fang. It burned through the tombstone, that was some nasty spit.