NINE

I slammed against the back wall in the room falling to my knees and shaking my head. I stood up again looking around. My nails started to grow as the others in the room was just starting to rise and react to me coming into the room. Humans were so slow.

Taking advantage of this, I leaped forward grabbing the pure boy. They had called him Soji. He was a white mage. That meant he was probably the most important person in this room. They wouldn't want anything to happen to him. At the same time him being a white mage meant he was the most dangerous person in this room. I had to take my chances. I had to get home.

One of my hands wrapped around Soji's waist as the nails on my other hand pressed against his throat. My fangs pushed down from my gums, my golden eyes turning red. I didn't go full demon on them, but I wanted to look threatening. From the way they were backing away from me I think I had that effect.

"I don't want to hurt you," I whispered in Soji's ear. He gave his head a slight nod showing that he understood what I was saying. I could see the panic on the others faces. They didn't want their white mage to be hurt. If I pulled this off, no one would have to get hurt.

I could hear Soji's heart racing, I could smell the sweet scent of his blood. It made my stomach ache to be so close to someone so pure. I knew that his blood was the best you could ever have. Untainted by the world around him. It was what demons creamed themselves to get a chance at.

After the beating I took from Ban and Kenji I knew I was going to need to eat soon. I had the best possible source in front of me. I couldn't make this boy my meal though. He was as innocent as a person could be. Just because Shu was gone didn't mean everything I learned from him and Kaleb went out the window. If anything it meant more now that I no longer had them. I wanted to honor them now and forever.

"Take your filthy hands off of Soji." The rough voice idiot demanded me. Soji was my shield. What did he think I was going to do? Say 'oh gee, I'm sorry.' I had glared at the man before I leaned over running my tongue up the side of Soji's face in a Ban like move.

Soji shivered as I licked him. It was the same reaction that I always give to Ban. Soji's body sank into mine. I didn't know why but I liked that reaction. He wasn't scared of me. Normally people would be shaking if they were being held by a demon. Soji seemed at home in my arms.

Looking back at the crowd I could see the anger on the brown-haired man's face. It made me smile. Maybe it was the demon in me, but pissing him off seemed to give me unlimited joy. Who was he to Soji I wondered? Someone who had a hard on for the boy maybe.

"This is how things are going to work, Shitheads," I spoke looking around the room making sure my pure shield stayed close to me. "My new pal Soji and I are going to walk out that door and all the other doors until we're out of this church. You're going to give me a car and Soji's going to ride in the front seat with me. The two of us are going to drive off into the sunset. After that Soji's going to be waiting for you at the first town we pass through and none of you are going to look for me."

It was that simple. I didn't want anything to do with these people. They should have left me in the club. I would have gotten up on my own and made my way back to my home. I didn't need their help. If they wanted their mage to live, they would listen to my demands. As much as I would hate to kill the child I would. In the end, I was still a demon. In the end, I wanted to live.

"We don't make deals with with demons." My eyes were still on the woman even though it was the brown hair man that spoke. She was looking at Soji. They would make a deal with me. Otherwise, I would drink their white mage in front of their faces. To make it clear that I wasn't bluffing, I pressed my nail into Soji's neck.