FIVE

This was a dangerous game I was playing. I needed to tell the others about Kenji being there. If Shu knew about Kenji, he would make this mission about the Blood Demon. Maybe it was just a one time thing. Maybe by the time we made it to Dragun, Kenji would be gone.

I wanted to get them all back home. When we left, I promised Amy that Shu was coming home. I always promised her, he would make it back. So far, I always kept that promise and brought him home. I couldn't let Kenji hurt Shu.

I still didn't understand why Kenji was even with Maya. As I laid in the back of the truck, my hood was up. I had a blanket over my face. I appeared to be asleep to all the others. Instead, the third eye was open as I watched Maya's movements.

Watching her made me understand her powers better. When she sang the men in the room succumbed to her. Her voice was beautiful, but it seemed to put humans in some kind of trance. They fell under her power and who knew what she would do with them after that. I would need to tell Dante and Shu to use the earplugs we have. Aya and I should be safe.

Right now, Maya was in a hotel room. She was sitting in front of a mirror when the door opened and we both shifted our eyes. The Blood Demon came in. Why was he here again? What was his connection with her?

The two of them were speaking, but I couldn't hear their words. From the look on Maya's face, I didn't think she trusted the Blood Demon. That was probably smart of her. You shouldn't trust a man like Kenji.

Maya jumped up, getting into Kenji's face. They seemed to be in a heated argument when they both suddenly stopped. I held my breath as Maya slowly turned towards whatever made her and Kenji cool their heads. Sitting in a chair looking as beautiful as every memory I ever had of him was the bane of my existence.

"Ban," I whispered his name as the third eye closed. Why was he there? What was going on? Who was Maya that she was hanging around the Blood Demon and the Great Demon Ban? What were they planning for two S-class demons to come along?

It made my chest tighten; it made my stomach twist in knots. We were going to die. If we went on this mission, all of us would die. There was no way that we could take on two S-class demons and Maya. She was a B class demon. That was between of the two most powerful classes and two weakest.

It also meant that Maya herself wouldn't just be an easy kill. I didn't see how we could win this battle. So then what were we suppose to do. Sitting up, I pulled the blanket off my face. Pushing my hood down, I looked around the truck.

Aya was turned around in her chair looking at me. Dante was doing the same from the passenger seat. My eyes shifted to the rearview mirror as I locked them with Shu's. What would he do if I told him about this? Would he do the right thing, the sensible thing? What was the sensible thing in this kind of situation?

On the one hand, this is as good a chance as Shu will ever get at Kenji. Demons have no honor. If we went for the Blood Demon, Maya and Ban probably would just sit back and watch us. What if they didn't? I knew if Ban saw me he would attack. Was Shu, Aya, and Dante strong enough to take on Kenji without me?

On the other hand, Shu could turn this car around and run back home to his wife and daughter. He would be safe and sound in his home surrounded by people who loved him. This was Shu; he was never going to run from a chance to fight Kenji, to kill the Blood Demon.

Then there was Aya and Dante. This was their lives as well. We would be putting them in danger. They were Demon Hunters. They knew the dangers that came with this job. Tomorrow wasn't promised together.

I sighed pushing my fingers through my hair. We all must make our own choices. I could only tell them what I knew. If Shu went forward, I would follow him to the end of the Earth and back. The others would have to make their own choices.