FIFTEEN

The haze was slowly starting to lift and I found myself surrounded by bodies. Their blood flowed like a river and I was bathed in it. My body shifted as I reverted back to my human form. Looking at the red life that dripped from my fingers I didn't know where I was. I had no idea how I had gotten here.

My head snapped to the side as I heard the soft sobs of another. Looking down my feet were bare and the only thing I had on was a long t-shirt. What was I doing here? My body felt so heavy. As if the blood of these people weighed me down.

The sobs grew louder as I pulled one of the sliding doors open. There was a small child hiding in a closet. She couldn't have been older than ten. She shook her head screaming as I reached in and grabbed her. I could smell her fear. I could hear the way her heart raced. It made me . . . hungry.

My fangs pressed down and the girl screamed again. She begged me for life. My finger pressed against my lip in the universal sign to be silent. She covered her own mouth trying to quiet the sobs coming from her.

Letting go of her, she took off down the hall. I could hear the wet slaps her feet made as she rushed away from me. The sound of her retreat was suddenly cut off. I turned to see another in the hall. It was as if I was looking through a tunnel. The edge of my vision was black as things slowly trying to snap into focus.

Someone was holding the girl up. I could see her feet dangling off the floor. I forced myself to look at this new person. Who was it? Who else was here with me? My eyes rose until they took in red hair. The redhead drank from the girl.

When she was drained of her blood, the man tossed her away as if throwing away trash after finishing a meal. Black eyes locked me into my spot as the beautiful man walked towards me. Gentle fingers pressed through my hair when he reached me. This touch was so familiar.

"Ban," I whispered and could feel my feet being sweep from under me.

"You're such a messy eater, Natsu." Ban spoke into my ear carrying me down the hall. Where was he taking me? A part of me was screaming not to go with him. The fog was trying to press down on me again. The blood that hung to my flesh made the hunger ever presence. How could I be hungry? Had I not eaten? Was it not I who murdered those people?

I wanted to feel something. I wanted to feel the guilt that came with killing someone. I couldn't though. There was only the numbing ache of hunger at the pit of my stomach. Even for the little girl. I had let her go and still she was dead. Ban killed her. Ban killed . . .

The thought was snatched away before it could be fully formed. Who had Ban killed? In the fog of hunger, it hardly seemed to matter. Nothing but the blood seemed to matter here. My eyes shifted down to my hands. I was covered in blood. It should have made my stomach twist, it should have made my eyes swell with tears. Instead, it just made me hungry. What was I? What had I become?

There was a fuss around me. Clothes being yanked from my body. Hands moving over my flesh. The sound of rushing water from somewhere. I gasped as the hot water touched me. Shaking my head strong hands held me under the spray. I could see the red running the drain. I could feel my mind slowly coming back to me. The hunger was lifting and I took in my surrounding. I was in a shower. The person behind me was Ban. The demon who murdered my family.

Turning around Ban pushed me into the wall of the shower. He was looking down at me. A look in his black eyes was something I couldn't read. What was it? What did he want from me? His long slim fingers reached out pushing into my hair again. I could feel his hand move from my hair to trace along my jaw. His thumb touched my lips pulling down the corner.