SIX

Like a beacon in my moments of clarity, I returned to the city I was born in, the city I died in. It had been twenty years since my brother shunned me and ran away. Twenty years since the night, I lost my family, since I lost myself. This was the first time the hunger didn't nag at me. It was the first time the fog that normally kept me in a drunken haze cleared away.

Twenty years and the humans finally accepted that they were no longer alone in this world. That demons walked among them. They chased them around; they made them their meals. For the first time in who knows how long humans weren't at the top of the food chain.

I didn't need to think to know where my feet was taking me. It was the only place in this city worth going. The home that I was raised in. The house that I died in. Now my brother lived here. His wife and two daughters lived here.

Standing outside of their window I could see them holding hands as they bowed their heads over their dinner. Lots of people turned to God when they learned demons walked the Earth. The end of days were here they said. I can't remember ever praying before a meal with my family. My brother had faith now. Seeing the dead rise can do that to a man.

"How sad, I missed one." A voice that was burned into my mind spoke. It was a voice that I haven't heard in twenty years. Whipping around the breath left my lungs as I came face to face with a demon. He was still as beautiful as the memories lead me to believe. He stood there with a smile on his lips.

My feelings were all jumbled inside of me. The two sides of myself wared over the appearance of this man. On the one hand, I wanted him to take me like he had the day I died. I wanted to feel the same pleasure that only he seemed to bring me. On the other hand, I wanted to rip his throat out and get the revenge my family deserved.

"Ban," That was his name. I could feel the rage inside of me bubble and boil. I could feel the new found powers being a demon brought me awaken inside of my veins. I wouldn't just lay down and take his beating this time. I was no longer a weak human. I had the power I needed to fight back.

His fingers combed through my hair. The touch made me close my eyes as shivers trickled down my spine. He gripped my hair roughly and I could feel my fangs pressing down from my gums. I was ready for a fight if that was what he wanted.

Ban's mouth smashed against mine. His tongue encouraged me to part my lips and let him inside. I could feel his controlling kiss and I pressed into his body. Lost in the lust that his kiss brought I could remember the way he touched me. I wanted him to touch me again.

He pushed me back against the side of the house. I sucked in a sharp breath when his fingers pushed into the front of my pants. Turning my head to the side I closed my eyes as his fingers wrapped around me. I could feel the pressure he implied as he stroke me.

I stopped the moan that was coming by biting my lip. There was pain as sharp fangs poke through the soft flesh of my bottom lip. I could feel the way my blood ran down my chin. Ban leaned forward. Pressing me against the wall more as his hand worked my lower half.

His tongue flicked out as he cleaned away the blood. He sucked my bottom lip into his mouth. He drank from me. How was that possible? I didn't think demons drank from each other. Wasn't my blood as poisonous as his? Did it not burn like acid the way his burned me?

My fingers moved to my belt unfastening my pants so that Ban could touch me more. What was I thinking? This was the man that killed my family. This was the demon that killed me. We were right outside of the home he slaughtered everyone I knew and love inside. The home home my brother and his family were inside of. So why was I letting him touch me? Why did it feel so damn good?