31

Two days later

"I want you to take care."

He nodded giving me a warm smile.

"Don't do anything stupid."

He nodded again placing his hand on top of mine that was on his cheek.

"And most of all, don't use anything," I warned.

"I won't, relax, I'm only going to work," he said.

"I know but you've been doing so good. I'm so proud of you," I said rubbing his cheek with my thumb, "I love you."

"And I love you," he said kissing me.

I let go of him watching him walk over to the door. His hair was nicely gelled to the side, his pants fit his body perfectly as did his white button up and the jacket over it. It was nice to see him in a suit again, looking better than ever. I smiled to myself watching as he opened the door. I walked over and watched him walk away towards his car. Before he got inside he waved and I waved back.

I closed the door and locked it leaning agaisnt it and closing my eyes tightly. I felt my anxiety kick in, I was so nervous and scared of him using again.

Throughout the rest of the day I walked around the house murmuring prayers under my breath and tidying up the house.

I asked Fredo to keep an eye on him the day before but that didn't mean anything. Justin was exceedingly smart at hiding things and fooling others.

At around six, Justin walked inside and I ran over to him greeting him with a hug and a kiss.

"How are you? You okay?" I asked.

"Yes I'm great," he said.

I stared into his eyes looking for any signs of dilated pupils, red eyes, or enlarged veins. I grabbed his arm rolling the sleeve up and looking at his arm before doing the same to the other arm.

He laughed, "Are you proud of me?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed grabbing his cheeks in my hands and giving him a long passionate kiss. "You hungry? Dinner's ready."

"No wonder it smells so good," he said sniffing the air. I took his hand pulling him with me into the kitchen. I served him a plate and handed it to him before serving myself and walking with him into the dining room.

"You don't want another job?" Justin asked.

I shook my head bringing my fork to my mouth, "I think it's best if I took a break, is that okay with you?"

"Of course, I never really understood why you wanted a job when I can afford to give you anything you want," he smiled taking a sip of the wine I had served him.

"Well I know but I just wanted to distract myself," I said.

"I talked to your mom today," he blurted out.

"What?" I asked sitting up in my chair.

"She called me and said that you hadn't been answering all morning," he said.

"I hadn't even checked my phone," I said.

"Well she was frantic; she thought something had happened to you. I told her you were fine. And then she gave me the sex talk," he said.

I started coughing, choking on my rice, "She what?"

"She was like I better not see my daughter pregnant you should know how to use a condom," he said mocking a woman's voice.

I giggled, "That's my mom alright."

"I told her you didn't want to get pregnant anyways," he said looking down at his plate.