09

I quietly opened the front door and tip toed inside the dark house that was in solitude. I slowly closed the door and looked around for an angry mother. I overslept after Justin and I decided to take a nap. I forgot to call so my mom was obviously going to be sitting on the couch ready to scold me.

But to my surprise, she wasn't. Dad wasn't either. He came back from his business trip today.

I walked up the stairs carefully, attempting to not make a single noise. Once I'm upstairs I walk by my mom's room. It's silent. I go to my bedroom and and close the door behind me after I walk inside. I change into my PJ's and quickly brush my teeth before crashing into my bed. Just as I close my eyes I hear the door creak open. I slightly open my eyes and see my mom's head peaking inside. I smile to myself and roll around getting more comfortable.

My alarm wakes me up the next morning. I get up and prepare myself for work. I walk downstairs and see my mom eating breakfast at the table. My dad runs down the stairs, "Good morning ladies."

"Morning dad," I reply.

"Good morning honey," my mom says.

"I'm running late, I'll see you two at dinner. I love you," he says giving me a kiss on the cheek. Then giving my mom a kiss.

Once he's gone I walk over to the table where my mom has a plate ready for me. She looks up at me and then says, "Well aren't you going to eat?"

"Sure I am, thanks," I say sitting down next in front of her.

We eat in silence but I constantly look up at her to see her facial expressions. Before I finish she finally speaks, "Why did you fall in love with him?"

"He took care of me and in a way saved me," I said.

"I don't understand how you can love him after he took you," she said.

"Justin has a complicated life. He's different. I know it sounds stupid but it's not mom."

"What if he tries to hurt you? What if he steals more girls?" She asked.

"He won't."

"But there's so many other men out there Fel. Please reconsider going out with him," she said.

"Justin needs me."

She gave me a nod and looked away. I placed my dishes in the sink and quickly ran out to my car. As I drove to work I thought to myself.

Justin is leaving tomorrow. I don't want him to wait any longer for me. I want to go with him. Maybe I could pack today and tell him to pick me up after work tomorrow. I will leave my parents a note. If I don't do it this way they'll never let me leave.

I got to work and punched in before starting to set up the tables with napkins and utensils. A few hours later I was well into the day, running around trying to catch up with all the orders and tables.

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I placed the plates I was carrying down on the table, "Enjoy."

I quickly walked back into the kitchen and headed towards the back. I took my phone out and answered it. "Hello?"

"Why shouldn't I?"

It was Justin and he was freaking out over the phone.

"Felicity I can't stop myself..."

"Yes you can. Put the needle down and walk outside," I said.

"Okay," he agreed. I heard rustling on the other end. "I can't walk away."

"I believe that you can. And if you set your mind to it you can do anything. Go outside and go for a walk okay? That'll make you feel better. Whatever you do, don't look at the needle. You can feel happy in other ways. Imagine me next to you, imagine my touch, my arms wrapping around your neck as you pull me closer to you. Think about what we'll do once we go back to your house. We'll be living together like before except now you'll be different," I spoke into the phone using my calmest voice possible.