20

I threw my keys into the glass bowl by the door before walking into the kitchen. I pulled some vegetables out of the refrigerator along with some meat. I prepared some fajitas that my mom always used to make.

I sat down on the couch to wait for Justin. In the meantime, I looked through my social media on my phone.

Soon enough it was 8, there were no signs of Justin, so I decided to have dinner by myself.

I ate in silence with only the sounds of my fork scratching on my plate. After finishing I went upstairs and got ready for bed.

Once I got in bed and turned all the light off, I spun around, over and over again, trying to find a comfortable position. I closed my eyes but I just couldn't fall asleep. I had too much on my mind.

Instead of sleeping I decided to read. I grabbed a book from the library and sat back in bed as I read it.

Suddenly my phone started ringing and I rushed to grab it and answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, sorry for waking you up, is Justin there?" Fredo asked.

"No, why? He's not at work with you?"

"No, he came in for a bit and then left, he hasn't answered any of my phone calls," he explained.

"Fredo, oh my god. What if something happened to him?! Did he tell anyone where he was going?" I asked as I stood up.

"Fel, calm down, he's probably okay," he said, "he didn't tell anyone but I'll just try to keep calling him."

"Should we go out looking for him?" I asked.

"Probably not," he said.

I ran a hand down my face, "Well then what am I supposed to do in the meantime while I bite my nails off from being so anxious?"

"Sleep?"

"I can't, I have to much on my mind right now," I said.

"Then take some sleeping pills."

"What if he calls?"

"Then he'll leave a message," he started, "he always calls, it's going to be okay. He would probably want you to sleep anyway so, go to bed and try sleeping. If you just can't then take some pills."

"Okay," I said.

"Okay, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I put my phone down then got up to get the pills. I walked into the bathroom and looked in the medicine cabinet. I found them and then I opened the bottle and placed two of the pink pills into the palm of my hand.

I grabbed the bottle of water that I had been drinking from earlier and swallowed the pills.

I sat back down with the book on my lap. As I got into the next chapter, I felt my eyelids become heavy, my hands let go of the book and I was slowly falling sideways. I threw the book on the floor and shut the light off before rolling into an immense sleep.

13 hours later.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this the Bieber residence?"

"Yes."

"Is this Mrs. Bieber?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry to inform you that your husband was found on the side of the road, his car wrecked and five bullets in his head."

"What?"