17

I opened my eyes and was surprised to see that I was in bed. I felt around looking for Justin but he wasn't there. How did I get in bed? The last thing I remembered was being thrown into the pool. I sat up, naked, and wrapped in the sheets. I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on while I brushed my teeth. I let the sheet drop and walked into the warm steamy shower. As I shampooed my hair, I hummed a small tune. I ran my hands under the water and saw a sparkling diamond on my finger.

When did this ring get back on here?

Justin's 'fake' engagement ring from months ago was on my finger again. I don't remember putting it there...

I finished taking a shower and confused as hell, I got dressed then made my way over to Justin's office where he was sitting while speaking on the phone. I walked over to him and leaned against the desk.

He smiled and then said goodbye to the person on the phone before hanging up.

"Good morning," he said. His hair was wet from a shower that he took earlier.

"Good morning," I said.

He wrote a few things down and then looked through his phone.

"Justin?"

"Hmm?" He looked up at me.

"Why's this ring on my finger?" I asked.

"I found it in the pocket of one of your jeans while I was doing the laundry. I thought I would put it on you," he said.

"Just because?"

"Well, we are engaged now so..." He said with a large smile plastered on his face.

"We are?" I asked.

"I asked you yesterday and you said yes," he said.

"I don't remember saying yes," I whispered.

He looked mortified, his cheeks turned red and I felt like he thought I didn't want to marry him anymore, but I just couldn't remember.

"Umm I just can't remember right now. But I'm going to go make some breakfast, come down soon," I said as I left.

I made pancakes and sausage then served us some orange juice. Justin came downstairs and quietly say down at the table across from me.

I felt like we should talk about what happened last night but I decided to just keep the silence. After eating Justin washed the dishes and then he stood at the sink drying his hands, "Are you working today?"

"No. But I am going over to Fredo's tonight," I said.

"Okay," he said.

"Are you?" I asked.

"I need to sort a few things out," he said.

"Okay."

That was the most awkward moment of my entire life. I went upstairs and laid down on the bed. I turned the tv on but didn't watch it, instead I looked up at the ceiling.

Justin walked in and looked inside his nightstand.

I sat up and leaned on my arms, "About earlier this morning, I-"

"It's okay if you don't remember we can just put this behind us and forget that it happened," he said.

"Well no because I remember now, I know I said yes," I said smiling.

I decided to let him have his way. I knew how much this meant to him and if it meant him being happy then I'll give in.

"Okay," he smiled back as he pulled some papers out.