24

As I pulled up into the driveway I saw that the clock on my phone said 1AM. I looked through my rearview mirror and saw that the girl was asleep.

"Should we wake her?" Fredo asked.

"In a bit, let's go talk to the guys," I said getting out.

Fredo and I walked over to his car where Za and Malcomn were standing.

"I want to say thank you to the both of you. Without you two this shit wouldn't have been done. I know I can always count on you and you know you can always count on me. I'll send you guys a cheek tomorrow, take care, drive safely Fredo, I'll see you guys later," I said.

"Nah man," Za said, "you don't have to pay us. This is something that we all wanted to do."

Malcomn nodded. I nodded too, but I was still going to send them the check. He all said our goodbye's and Fredo drove away.

I walked back to my car and opened the door pushing the seat forward. I reached for the girl softly shaking her, "Hey. Wake up."

She shook as she eyes opened up.

"It's okay, it's okay," I reassured, "Come on out."

She sat up climbing out of the car.

"It's pretty late so you can stay here and I'll take you home tomorrow, or as soon as the sun comes out since it's already tomorrow," I said.

We walked inside and she quietly stood waiting for me to tell her what to do. I brought her into the kitchen and sat her down on a stool as I searched for somethin to give her to eat.

"What do you like to eat?" I asked.

"Anything," she said.

"I don't think I could finish a meal but I have canned chicken soup," I said.

"Sounds yummy," she quietly said.

I heated up the chicken soup before pouring it into a bowl and giving it to her. I gave her some water and she instantly started eating. She rushed to eat savoring it as if it were the best meal she's ever had.

"How long has it been since he fed you?" I asked.

"About three days," she said.

"I'm sorry," I said.

Once again the guilt towered over me. I've done that before to other girls. I regret it so much. If only I had known.

"It's okay," she said as she finished the last bit.

"Want some more?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure," she said.

"Okay," I said, "here's some ice for your eye. I'll show you to a room where you can sleep."

She followed behind me placing the bag of ice on her eye as we went upstairs. I gave her one of the guest rooms. When she walked in she looked around.

"Wow," she said mesmerized.

"I'll be right back," I said.

I walked into my room and found Felicity still peacefully sleeping. I walked into the closet and grabbed a pair of leggings and a shirt from Felicity's side then j walked back to the girl's room.

"Here are some clothes. The bathrooms across the hall," I said.

"Thank you so much. I don't know what I could do to repay you," she said.