30

Two weeks later

I walked down the boring white aisle next to the nurse as we made our way to Justin's room. She knocked, opened the door, and said, "Someone's here to see you Justin."

I walked inside finding him siting on his bed with his knees to his chest. The nurse excused herself and left as I walked closer to his bed sitting down.

"Hi I'm Ben," a man said as he walked inside the room.

"Hi Ben," I said.

"I'm just getting my book," he said.

"Okay," I said.

"Bye," he said.

"Bye," I said turning to Justin. "Hey Justin."

"Don't 'hey Justin' me."

"Why are you angry?"

"Because you fucking p-" he started but then stopped and looked up at me, "I'm not angry. I just don't understand why you had to put me in rehab."

I chuckled, "If anything, you should be thanking me. You threatened to shoot me because I wanted to get rid of your drugs."

"What? No I didn't," he said.

"Don't play stupid Justin," I said.

"I swear I'm not. When did I ever threaten to shoot you?" He said sitting up.

I raised an eyebrow before I heard someone walk inside.

"Are you okay Justin? We can hear you yelling down the hall," a man said.

"I'm fine Doctor," Justin answered.

"And who might this be?" The doctor asked.

"Felicity," I replied taking his hand and shaking it.

"Oh you're the girlfriend," he said smiling at me.

"Please do not talk-"

"I won't Justin, everything we discuss in our sessions is confidential," he said.

I looked over at Justin then back at the doctor, "I'm asking him about something and he doesn't remember... Why?"

"The drug he uses at such a high dose causes memory loss and hallucinations. Whatever happened while he was drugged could have faded away from his memory," the doctor explained.

"Could we have a minute?" I asked him.

"Sure," he said leaving and closing the door.

"I threatened to shoot you?" He asked.

"Yes," I said.

"And why didn't you just leave me?" He asked.

"Because you would've injected yourself with more drugs until you were dead," I said.

"Oh but it's okay to put me in this shit hole and not even visit for two whole weeks," he said.

"I brought you clothes and things to do," I said.

"But you didn't even come talk to me, what the fuck was that all about?" He asked.

"I don't know, I guess I didn't want to see your reaction," I explained.

"I can't even smoke, they're not even letting me smoke can you fucking believe that?" He asked.

"Cigarettes have a drug in them... More like a toxin... You're here to clean yourself up and stop putting harmful things in your body, they're obviously going to keep cigarettes away from you," I said.