26

Justin

I was startled by the loud slam of the door. I turned my head and watched as Felicity walked into the kitchen with her heels in her hands and her hair messed up.

I sat up watching as she tried to catch her breath.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"I-" she started before she collapsed to the floor. The kitchen island blocked my view of her so I had thought that she fainted. I darted over to her before hearing her soft cries. She sat on the floor looking down at her lap as she cried.

"What's wrong?" I asked kneeling next to her.

She sobbed as she held her hands out for me to take. I took her hands and softly rubbed them before letting go and pulling her chin up.

"Talk to me baby, why are you crying?" I asked.

"I-I tried cheating on you but it was just because I was mad! I needed the attention and Gavin was the only one who would give it to me," she sobbed.

I stroked her cheek before wiping her tears away with my thumb.

"We've just drifted apart and I feel so guilty because I just want to take all the pain away from you. I want you to smile and be happy not upset and depressed," she explained as she looked into my eyes with her tear filled ones.

"And that's why you're crying?" I asked.

She nodded looking back down. Now I felt like the guilty one. My behavior was what made her cry.

"It's not your fault. My problems are not yours babygirl. You shouldn't feel guilty, this is just a phase and it'll eventually go away, okay?" I asked.

"But you never tell me how you're feeling and I know you aren't happy," she said, "I just want to help you."

"Oh I'm very happy," I lied just to cheer her up. "And you know what'll make me even more happy? If you stop crying. I don't like seeing my princess cry."

She looked up at me before reaching forward and wrapping her arms around my neck.

I sat back, on the floor pulling her into my lap and wrapping my arms around her. She dug her face into my chest as she let a few sobs out. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

"It's okay baby," I said as I stroked her hair.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you," I replied.

"Look what you did you fucker! You made her cry! If you so much as loved her you wouldn't put her through this!"

My eyes widened, "What?"

Felicity looked up at me, "Hmm? I-I didn't say anything."

I looked around at the empty kitchen as Felicity rested her head back on my chest.

Who said that?

"I did."

I looked around, no one was there.

"Let's get you to bed," I said. She started standing up but I held her down as I stood up with her in my arms. I walked over to the stairs and I started walking up them I heard the voice again.

"Wait a sec, you're doing this for her after she tried cheating on you? Wanna know what I think? She's an ungrateful bitch, that's what I think."

I closed my eyes shut and ignored it. Whatever it is it'll go away.

We made our way into our room where I laid her down before undressing her and pulling the sheets over her.