Chapter 42

Emma's POV:

The next morning, I got up with the sun shining on my face. Great! I've forgotten to close up the blinds before I slept last night. Even though I hate getting out of my bed, I have to do that. If not, I won't be getting out of my bed anytime soon. I check the clock on my nightstand to see it's already 8:30 a.m. Shittttt! Now I'm really late for to work.

"Emma, are you up yet?!" David yells from downstairs.

"Ya, ya. I'm up!" I shout back. I rush to the toilet to do my toiletries and quickly take a cold shower. I choose my clothes from the drawer; a cream colour turtle neck, a pair of black leggings and my brown leather jacket. I change into that and quickly do my makeup.

I put on a light coat of foundation, curling my eyelashes before applying mascara and just apply a light and dark brown eyeshadow on my eyelids and on the crease of my eyes. I dab on my blush on the apples of my cheeks before applying lip balm on my lips. For some kind of reason I want to put on makeup on my face today. Please don't tell me I did that to impress Hook.

I did not bother to curl my hair so I just tie it in a messy ponytail. I grab my phone, charger and everything before running down the stairs. "Look whose up late?" David smirks.

"Geez. I forgot to set my alarm and I slept in alright." I say.

"Okay. Okay." He says.

"Emma, I've prepared you a cup of hot chocolate with cinnamon but I think it's cold now.

"Thanks." I say before drinking it. I grab a granola bar from the counter before putting on my ankle boots. I take my phone and everything after I've wore my boots.

"David, come on." I say, opening the door. Mary Margaret and David kiss goodbye before he walks over to the door.

"Bye, Emma." Mary Margaret says.

"Bye." I reply before closing the door behind us. We got into David's truck before he starts driving.

"Hey, Emma?" David calls me.

"Yeah?" I turn and face him.

"Just wanna let you know, if you and Hook wanna make out, please don't do it outside the loft. Your mother and I could hear the both of you making out, moaning and groaning." David shudders at the thought. I laugh it off.

"Maybe we should change our door to a soundproof door." I suggest.

"Ha, ha, ha. Funny." David rolls his eyes but I saw in the corner of my eyes that he is smiling.

~

It's been hours since David and I are sitting in the station doing our work. Well, mostly we talk but we're still working.

"Hey, I'm starving. Do you want to call pizza or anything?" I asks.

"No. I think I'll go to Granny's and pack some food." He says.

"I'm going to Granny's now so why don't I pack it for you too." I suggest.

He nod his head. "I'll have chicken lasagna and ice lemon tea."

"Okay." I say, taking my phone and my purse before walking out of the station. As usual, I walk to Granny's instead of driving David's truck. I don't drive his car for two reasons. The first one would be because his truck is a little big for me to drive on and second, I'm not a pro at operating his truck.