37

Charlotte's POV

Charlotte's POV

I walked down the stairs with my suitcases and took a deep breath before continuing to walk.

I passed by the living room and saw Justin sitting in the couch, his back was towards me.

I felt a wave of guilt wash over me, leaving right now didn't feel right. I haven't spoken to him in days...

I breathed in and walked towards him.

"Hey." I said as I tapped on his shoulder.

"Oh, hey..." he said while forcing a smile.

"I was just leaving..." I said as I pointed behind me. "I just wanted to say thank you for everything." He smiled again and nodded.

I smiled and stood there awkwardly.
I didn't want to leave. Part of me thought that if I stayed here, maybe things between us will get better, and we'll get together again. Part of me still wants to hold on to him.

I kissed his cheek and then walked back to my bags.
I walked out of his house and got in the car he had ordered for me.

"Hey." I said to Kenny. He's the one taking me to the airport, just in case anything happens.

"Hi kiddo, everything okay?" I nodded and got in the car.

Time to get back to reality.

Justin's POV

I heard the front door close and I took in a deep breath. Well, she's gone now.

I took in a deep breath and hit up Khalil.

"Yo." I said into the phone. "What up jb!" He answered.

"What we doing tonight?" I said as I bounced my leg up and down. He let out a laugh and said "I haven't heard from you in a while."

He then told me about some event and I agreed on going, not really paying much attention to it. I just wanted to go out, not stay here by myself.

Charlotte's POV

I got bombarded with questions when I got here. My mom didn't know I was coming earlier, she was upset that I left Ashley by herself over there, and she wanted to know about Justin.

I just tried to ignore her and went up to my room. I was super tired from the flight, and my back and neck hurt from how uncomfortable I was.

I locked my door and sat down on my bed.

It's over. It's really over.

No more Justin.

No more bumping into him at the kitchen, or on the hallways... it's time to move on.

I heard my phone ding, meaning I had received a text, and I quickly grabbed it.

I don't know why I was thinking it'll be Justin. He's probably using his time on another girl by now.