Mako x Reader !Special!

This is for 100 votes people! I know it's a little late, but I've been busy binge watching and preparing for school these past few weeks, so writing has slowed to a craw, as you may have noticed. I was stuck on what to do, but t came down to either Bolin or Mako X reader. I decided I would do a Bolin X reader in the future, after finishing my current projects, and doing the Mako X reader for the special! You own a tea and pastry shop in republic city, and you have known the boys for years.

Team avatar had gathered into the small and peaceful cafe, settling down to relax after another struggle in the world. They had taken up a booth and already had menus, everyone looking to see what they wanted. Bolin and Asami were chatting casually while Korra hummed. A small cough brought up all of their attention to a young lady, about Korra's age, who was standing at their table. "Hello boys! It's been a while since I've seen you, eh? Anyways, is there anything I can get you folks? Or do you need more time?" She asked with a small smiled.

Her voice was soft and calming to all of them. It sounded as if somebody had put a music box where her vocals should be. Not to mention she looked like a doll. With her smooth (s/c) skin, her silky (h/c) hair, and her sparkling (e/c) eyes, she literally could be a living doll. Bolin was the first to answer, smiling widely at the female. "Heyo (Y/N)! Caaaaaaan I get a (fav/tea)? Oh! And a stuffed bun too. Those are good!" He practically shouted, earning glares from others and a silent giggle from you.

"Sure thing Bo. Anything for you, Avatar?" She turned her attention to Korra with a kind smile, one full of love and softness. "I'll take jasmine tea and a stuffed bun, since Bolin insists their the best." Korra said with a slight laugh at the end. "Okay! What about you, Ms.Asami?" Her hands expertly jotted down the orders as they came, her eyes never once leaving the customer. "I'll have a lemon tea with a biscuit, thank you." Asami said happily. "That's a wonderful combination. Might I add a small order of berries on the house for you? They do compliment the tea nicely."

The girls seemed taken aback by the woman's words. She barely even knew them and was offering free food? "Oh, sure. That sounds lovely." She smiled, taking up all the menus, purposely hitting Mako in the face with them and snorting back a giggle at his small grunt. "Do you want your usual, Mako?" She hummed, tucking the menus under her arm so she could continue to write. "Sure. The place looks busy, why don't I help you?" At his words, everyone looked around. There was an elderly man in the far corner and a dog sitting idly by the door.

Yeah, busy.

(Y/N) laughed, bringing a hand up to cover her mouth. "If you want. But make sure these nice ladies won't be all over Bolin, he is quiete the killer." She teased softly, poking at Mako's chest as he stood. "I'm sure he'll be fine, come on." Mako turned to give them a small smiled before looping an arm around the females waist and leading her back to the end of the shop.

Not five minuets had passed before screeching and loud laughter was hear from the back. Mako stumbled out, soaked and covers in flour. (Y/N) followed happily behind him, her apron littered with water specks and flour dusting her face. She smiled and set down the tea tray, passing out the cups and plate appropriately. Mako sat back down with and angry huff as she giggled. "Sorry sweet-cheeks, that's why you don't scare me in the kitchen." She gushed, stretching her face. She only let go when Asami took her hand to examine it. "Where did you get these burn scars from, if you don't mind my asking. They look like they were painful."

(Y/N) smiled sadly and cupped her hands to her chest. "It was an accident, and it was my fault." She let her face fall to one of sorrow before smiling again. "But it's nothing! Just an old memory." She chimed, quickly picking up the tray. "It's a long story and I need to get Mr.Grumpybutt some new clothes, I'll be back in a few moments!" She said cheerily, tucking some of her (h/c) locks behind her ear before heading off to the kitchen.

"She must not be comfortable talking about her past." Asami said softly as the female walked away. "Maybe it's just painful, memories can be." Korra muttered, taking a small sip of her tea before quickly gulping down the burning hot liquid. "I could tell you guys if you wanted, Mako and I were there when it happened!" Bolin declared, munching on his sweet.

"(Y/N) and her brother were really close, since her mom was always in the cafe and her dad worked nonstop in a factory off somewhere. So whenever we could, we would come over here to hang out with her and (b/n)! He was playing around with some fire one day when (Y/N) accidentally dropped some sort of chemical she had been carrying around to clean tables with. The fire got out of hand and killed her brother, badly burning (Y/N) almost to the point of death. Her mother passed away from grief soon after, and her father just left her. So now she owns the shop and runs it in her own!"

"Yeah, and I'd say business is better these days." Came the soft voice from beside Mako. You were seated next to him as he held you securely as if he could fend off the memory. He kissed you head softly as you snuggled into his side, letting your tears fall.