Chapter 35

Zoë's POV
I overheard Joe saying to Katherine that he had something to tell her, and god knows what she expected.
"You're moving in next week." I hear Joe saying. I smile to myself. He is so sweet for doing that. I'm proud to call him my brother.
It had been nearly 9 months since they became official, and near to no fights. I was jealous, I was always bickering with Alfie over the most silly little things.
I get up and go into the dining room to join them.
"Katherine I'm sure Joe has something else to tell you." I crossed my arms and smiled at him.
"Oh.. Yeah. So how would you feel about me moving in with you?" He grinned.
"Oh my god! No way! Are you serious?!" I could see her tearing up, covering her mouth before running into joes arms. "Yes!" She cried.
"Yay! Happy couple!" I cheered, giggling at them both.
He hugged her tighter and awed at her. 
We all ended up laughing when Nala licked off Katherine's tears from her makeup free cheeks.
Alfie had joined us and we were eating popcorn again.
Nala fell asleep on joes lap as he stroked her ears and head, soothing her.
Katherine was curled up next to him, dozing off on his shoulder.
"My two favorite girls. Zo, can you take a picture?" He asked me, pointing to his phone.
"Sure." I replied, standing up.
I opened the camera app and focused the lens and angled it correctly. I chose a brighter filter for the photo and snapped it.
"Here you go." I say, turning off the phone and putting it next to him on the sofa.
Afternoons like these are my favorites.