Chapter 7

Alfie's POV
I heard my phone ringing from the other room and it was from an unknown number that I didn't have saved in my contacts.
I answered it, cautiously murmuring, "hello?"
"Yes, hello. Is this Zoë Sugg's boyfriend?"
"Yes I am. Who is this?"
"It's the hospital. Zoë has been in a car accident sir. We need you to remain calm and get to the hospital as quickly as you can."
"Okay, Thankyou for telling me. Bye."
I was panicking, shoving everything Zoë might want whilst in the hospital.
As I was leaving, Mark was walking towards the house.
"Alfie! What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost!" He went in for a hug, but I stopped him.
"Mark! Come with me. Zoë's in hospital! She's had a car accident!"
"Oh my god! Let's go!" He gasped and ran towards the car.
I didn't care that it was raining, all I wanted to know was that Zoë was okay.
We arrived at the hospital 20 minutes later, and rushed inside.
"We're looking for Zoë sugg?"
"Oh, yes. You must be the boyfriend and-?"
"-her best friend." Mark cut the receptionist off.
"Oh right okay. She's in room 603. Straight down the corridor, to your left. Third door down." She smiled at us as we rushed in the direction she told us to go in.
We burst through the doors to see Zoë lying on a hospital bed, covered in wires, pale and asleep.
"Zoë." I cried, holding her cold, small hand. "Please wake up."
"I love you." I kissed her forehead, and cried into her pillow.