Chapter 13

Katherine's POV
I walked into Zoë's room on my crutches and smiled at her. Her face was getting more color back to it. Maybe this was a sign?
I looked around at all her gifts and cards and flowers. There was a card from the Saccone-Jolys, Troye, Connor, Tyler, Tanya and Jim, Alfie, her Mum, her Dad, Joe and Caspar, Gabby, Niomi, Marcus, Hobbie, Mark, Louise and Darcy, and so many more. There were so many bunches of colorful flowers and boxes of Thorntons chocolates, Cadburys chocolates, a Chocolate Orange, etc.
I heard a groan. I spun around, gasping as I see her arm twitch. Then her fingers, and eventually her neck moved and clicked as if it moved back into place.
Her sapphire eyes blinked open soon enough, and she took in a deep breath, taking in her surroundings.
She looked down at the end of her bed and her feet with her pink leopard print fuzzy socks, then noticed I was gawping in awe at her.
"Katherine! Oh, Katherine!" She covered her mouth as I moved as quickly as possible towards her and hugged her. I cried into her shoulder, "I missed you so much."
I heard the faint voice of Alfie and Joe and her parents coming down the hall. So I took this as my cue to make my way outside to block their view of Zoë.
I quickly told her to pretend she was still asleep, and she proceeded to do so.
I hopped outside, meeting Graham, Tracey, Joe and Alfie.
"Guys, be quiet. She's still asleep." I whispered, and put my index finger over my lips.
"Okay." Tracey replied, biting her lip as she silently made her way into the room.
When everyone was in, I counted down from 3 to 1, and when I got to one Zoë's eyes popped open and she greeted them, "hi guys! Didn't expect to see you all here in this fine day! How are you all?" She spoke effortlessly, as if she hadn't just woken from a two and a half week coma.
Joe burst into tears and threw his arms around Zoë.
Then the other three joined in, crowding her in hugs and kisses and tears.
"We missed you so much darling." Her parents told her, kissing her bruised forehead.
"Little one. How is this possible? We didn't think we were going to see you again." Alfie spoke, covering his mouth, tears spilling down his cheeks.
Then Mark, Niomi, Louise, Anna, Jonathan, Marcus, Gabby, Hobbie, Tyler, Joey, Connor and Troye walked in, all gloomy and sad, presents in their arms. They definitely didn't expect to see Zoë awake.