Chapter 22

Katherine's POV
After dinner, I felt a little ill and fancied some company, so Joe invited me to stay at his and Caspar's apartment back in London. I accepted the offer, and we went back to Zoë and Alfies quickly to get my essentials; makeup, flat irons, toothbrush, mouthwash, laptop, Chargers, perfume, clothes and shoes.
Then I said goodbye to Nala and zalfie and off we set to London.

When we got back, Joe took me to his room and told Caspar we would be out soon.
I was rethinking coming over now. What was he planning to do?
I was becoming anxious and sweaty, and my heart started racing.
I focused on my breathing and took a sip of water from my water bottle that I had with me.
I did a breathing exercise that my therapist had taught me, which somewhat calmed me down.
"I need to show you something." Joe told me, then smiled and hopped down the last three steps, and into his bedroom.
I cautiously followed him inside, peering around.
I noticed a projector on his bedside table, and asked him, "what's the projector for? A video?"
"Um, yeah. Sure. I guess you could say that haha." He nervously replied.

I sat down on the edge of his bed, and without thinking, stared at his jawline. It was goddamned sharp.
It could sharpen a knife.

"Er, you alright there, Katherine?" Joe chuckled, snapping me out of my daze.
"Hm? Oh, yeah. Sorry about that." My face burned with embarrassment.
Some music started playing. It was my favorite romantic song, "Love Me Like You Do" my Ellie Goulding.
"Joe , what are you doing?" I asked, frowning.
He shushed me and told me to sit still and just watch what came up on the wall.
I did as he told me to and a few silly selfies came up from when we were kids.
Then when we were growing up together, some with friends and Zoë, some alone.
Then some writing came up.
'Katherine. You probably know how much I love you, because I've probably accidentally blurted it out at a random time. Sorry for that, by the way if I did it. Anyways, I love everything about you, Katherine. I really do. You are the most gorgeous girl I have ever met, you're hair, eyes, nose, freckles, smile, laugh, accent, voice, singing voice, dress sense, music taste, everything. The list goes on, but that would take me a million years to finish my list of everything I love about you.
I apologize if this is super cringey or cheesy, I just can't help it. You are my world and I want to be yours. Make me the happiest guy alive ever and be my girlfriend? I love you. From Joe ❤️ x'

I read it in disbelief.
"Are you lying, do you really love me that much?" I ask, tearing up.
"I truly do."