Chapter 38

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Halloween Special

{Rin's POV}

"I dont see why I have to wear these." The door groaned.

"I'm sure it brings out your inner demon spirit!" I joked. The door opened and an irritated Orphia glared at the two red pointy horns on the top of her head.

Mephisto came up with the idea of holding a Halloween constume party for all the exorcists. Yukio and I went out to get them while Orphia went back to Gehenna for a visit.

She says that with the absense of both her parents and Satan, the other demons tend to behave better but due to their nature she still drops by unannounced once in a while.

So I took the opportunity to pick out a devil costume for her.

"Is this supposed to be funny?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"I did it out of love!" I cooed. The anger seemed to melt away and I thought she was actually going to hug me until I landed roughly on the ground.

"So violent." I murmered. She held her hand out to me laughing.

"Now we're even Okumura." I smirked and grabbed her hand as she pulled me back onto my feet.

"Are you two idiots ready yet?" Yukio whined. He had a police costume on with his two pistols strapped to his waist.

"How stereotypical." Orphia and I deadpanned.

<>

The main hall was filled with weird decorations and bowls of candy.

"I feel like this set up is aupposed to be insulting. What's next? Are we riding ponies?" Orphia sneered.

"Now, now, that's no way to treat the decor that your savior so graciously provided~" Mephisto sang placing his hand on her head.

Orphia rolled up her sleeves revealing the darkened seals.

"They won't last long but I'll take it until I find a better answer."

"That's the spirit! Now go have fun little kids!"