32

Izzy

I looked at my watch, and noticed it was three minutes to two. I kept looking up when the doors would open, but it wasn't until I heard a baby's laugh that I got up from behind the front desk. I looked, and saw a handsome man pushing a stroller into the building. I also noticed some of the looks he was getting.

"Hello, you must be Freddy." I stopped in front of him, and he smiled a smile that had my knees going weak. How could I forget a man like this?! Dirty blond hair, incredible hazel eyes. And a body that most people would kill for. I had to snap out of it when he stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"Yeah, you must be Izzy. It's nice to fully meet you." I took his hand, and notice how gentle he was being. His hands felt strong enough to crush mine. But it's almost like he was scared to add too much pressure. "Thanks for calling. Little man here misses his dads." I looked down at Nick, and smiled at the little guy. I heard he wasn't actually Carter's son by blood. But looking at his blue eyes, and his innocent little face. You would think he was a copy of both Carter and Ethan.

"It's my pleasure. Those two have been working none stop, and I know they really need to see him." I pulled out my phone, and called Carter first. I told him an emergency situation came up, and he was needed in the first floor lobby. I then called and did the same to Ethan. Once I was done, I put my phone away, and notice Freddy looking at me with a smirk. "What?" Was there something on my face? Was it red again?

"You're quite the clever woman. I like that." If it wasn't red before, it is now. But I didn't have much time to worry about that, since I could hear the commotion telling me they were here.

Carter and Ethan have become the talk of the whole building. Two handsome, intelligent, rich, godly looking guys that come and take over. Everyone didn't expect too much at first. They thought they would be arrogant being the bosses sons. Even though Ethan has worked here before. But Ethan showed he could lead the company just as good as Alastor, and Carter proved that he could take this company just as far as Charles. If not farther.

They stepped out of the elevator together. Both just as confused when they saw me. But the second their eyes connected with Nick's. It's like a button had been pushed inside them, and they seemed to instantly relax. Carter instantly picked Nick up into his strong arms. Seeing a big man like him hold a baby seemed a little odd. But you could tell Nick felt safe in his father's arms. Ethan was next to hold him, and if he's face wasn't angelic before. It sure as hell was now. Those three looked like one amazing family.

"Thank you Izzy."

"Yes, Thank you so much. We needed this." I smiled at the two, before motioning for Freddy to follow me. Carter and Ethan stepped into the elevator. Leaving a lobby full of stunned employees. I looked to Freddy and smiled.

"So. You wanna go grab some coffee?"

"With you? Lead the way gorgeous." I quickly walked so he wouldn't see the blush on my face. But judging by his small laugh, I know he saw. Stupid sexy jerk.

______________________________________

Freddy

We ended up grabbing some coffee across the street. It's a small coffee shop, but it was very cozy. We sat in a booth to the far back. I ordered a simple black coffee with a boatload of sugar. And she ordered a hazel nut latte.

"So how is it working with Carter and Ethan?" She took a small sip before she spoke. I found myself staring at her lips as she did that.

"I like it. Charles and Alastor are great too. It's just nice actually having people my own age that I'm close with."

"You don't get a long with the others?" I took a sip of my coffee, and decided to add more sugar. I noticed her staring at my hands again.

"I do. But there's something about Carter and Ethan that just draws you in. You can't help but just get pulled in." I laughed and nodded my head.

"I know what you mean." She sat around and talked for a while. She called to let Carter and Ethan know she was on her lunch break. I found myself smiling the more I talked with her. Every time her blue eyes would shine, my smile would just get bigger.

"Wait! So you actually became Carter's adopted brother?"
I nodded my head in response.

"Me and my little brother Mickey."

"I didn't know you had a brother. I would love to meet him." And this is were my mood did a huge 180°. I've told girls about Mickey before. And it's never ended up well. Not many girls stick with a guy who would rather spend his time and money on a brother in a coma. It's why I never date. Depending on her responds. I may ended up alone forever.

"Thing is. Mickey is in a coma. I spend any free time with him, and I work to pay for his hospital bills." I clenched my fist under the table, and held my breath. But I swear I almost passed out from her responds.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. But I think it's incredibly sweet that you work so hard for your brother. Most people wouldn't even bother. I would still love to meet him, if that's okay with you?" I stared at this beautiful red haired woman before me. Her blue eyes holding nothing but truth and sincerity. She smiled at me. And I felt a warmth spread though my chest, and it almost envelop my whole body. I was stunned.

"Are you sure? You don't have to do that." She shook her head and smiled.

"I want to. I heard that people in comas can sometimes still hear. I'm sure your brother would like to hear more people coming to see him. But again. It's only if you're okay with it." Should I? I haven't even taken anyone else to go see him. They've asked, yes. But I just never took them. Should I take Izzy?

"Alright then. If you're really up for it. Let me know when you have a day off, and I'll take you."

"Tomorrow." She gave me a big smile. You would think I offered to take her to Disney world or something. I couldn't help but smile myself. She has such a high spirited personality.

"Okay then. Tomorrow it is." Hopefully this turns out okay. I can actually see myself falling for this girl. The reason being. I think I already am.