31

It's been almost a months now since I started running the company. And in my honest opinion. I want to blow my fucking brain out. I miss the feel of working on cars. Feeling the oil and grease on my fingers. As strange as it may seem. I know many would kill to be in my potion. But being in this job, I hardly get to go home in time to spend time with my son. By the time me and Ethan get home, it's one or two in the morning, and the whole house is asleep. Nick has even been sleeping in the nursery in Freddy's room.

A knock on the door snaps me out of my thought. I turn and see Izzy step inside. She smiles as she hands me a coffee, and some of her homemade cookies. The same cookies she took out that day at the hotel bar in Italy. "Thank you Izzy." I take the coffee and cookies, and sit back in my desk.

"No problem. I figured you and Ethan could use them by now." She takes a seat in front of me, and takes one of the cookies. "You seem to be getting used to working here. I heard you and Ethan closed the Japan project."

"Yeah. Thanks to their resources, we should start construction of a new building there in a month's time." I took a sip of the dark coffee, and ran a hand down my face.

"You wanna see your son." I looked at her through the middle of my fingers. She's been able to read me like a book since the day we met. I nod my head, and take a bite of one of the cookies, but put the rest down. I still don't care for sweets. Unless it's Ethan. "Why don't you and Ethan take tomorrow off? I can arrange your schedules so that any meetings can be pushed back till the day after."

"No thank you Izzy, that's nice of you. But I would rather get all this done now, so there is less work to do once my fathers are back and healthy." I thought about my dad and Alastor. They recently got to come home. Ethan and I agreed to have them move into the mansion with us. It's more than big enough for everyone to live there comfortably. But they are still under bed rest. Val and Jenny have been looking over them. Freddy has been working more at the shop since I told Dave I would be covering for my old man. He said not to worry, and that I would still be able to come back whenever.

"Okay. I'm gonna go collect some files that Ethan is gonna need. Call if you need me." She smiled and walked out. I went back to looking over the plans for the new building. I will soon have to work with Ethan and his engineers about the new machines we will use for the construction of the building. Just the thought of being in the same room as him brought a smile to my face. All that's left, is my son.
______________________________________

Izzy

As I walked out Carter's office, I pulled my phone out and called his house. I waited a few rings, and finally someone answered.

"Hello?" A rich husky voice answered the phone. I had to snap out of it and answer.

"Hello is this the McClain-Kingman residence?" I started heading for my own office. One of the perks of working for two CEOs.

"Can I ask who's calling?" Something about that voice was messing me up.

"My apologies. My name is Isabella Villanueva. I am the assistant to Carter McClain-Kingman, and Ethan Kingman-McClain." Talk about a mouth full.

"Oh! Izzy! I remember you now. Pretty little red head." I stared at the phone. I know my face was bright red. I cleared my throat before putting it back to my ear.

"Um. Yes, it's Izzy. I'm calling because I would like to arrange a surprise for Carter and Ethan. They both seem stressed, and miss Nicholas like crazy. I wanted to arrange to have him brought in today. Since neither of them wants to take a personal day just yet." I sat down at my desk, and started looking though my files on my computer. I really did need to get Ethan his files.

"Definitely! Little guys knows his dads aren't home, and is staring to get a little fussy. It's now, one thirty? I can be there around two if that works?" I looked over their schedules on my desk. They have no meetings today, just a few appointments with the engineers, and builders. But that could be pushed to four and five.

"That works. I will meet you in the lobby at two. Can I know your name so I could tell the front desk who to look for?" The truth is, I just want to know who owns this voice.

"Freddy. I'll see you soon miss red." With that he hung up, and left me a blushing mess. I tried to think back to who it could be, but my mind was drawing a blank. I simply shook it off, and went back to looking for the files. I found them, and quickly sent them to Ethan's email, and printed them out as a back up. I grabbed them, and made my way to Ethan's office. Thankfully my office was in the middle of all four wings. I entered his office, and saw him speaking with Adam. I was informed about the past involving Carter and Ethan. It was a big move for Carter to agree to allow Adam to stay here. He trust Ethan to not betray him again, and he tries not to kill Adam. The only way it works is that Adam avoids Carter like the plague, and vise versa.

"Here are the files you needed Ethan."

"Thank you Izzy." He took the files from me, and looked them over with Adam. I looked closely at Adam. For someone so small and timid looking, I couldn't believe he could cause so much damage. I could tell he still held feelings for Ethan. But was trying to hide them. "We will need to order the parts, and have the research team run some test. At this rate, the builders will be able to start working sooner than we had planned." He was still looking the forms over. I can see why Carter hates his business face. Ethan has a sweet face that can brighten any room. But when he gets like this, he feels distant and unapproachable. Something he's not. I looked at my watch and saw I had some time left.

"Ethan." He looked up at me. He's sweet face was back instead of his business one. "I need to take care of something first. I'll be back in a bit." He smiled and nodded. I said bye to Adam, and made my way down to the lobby. Normally I would have security escort them up. But I wanna see everyone's reaction when the two big 'scary' bosses turn to big soft teddy bears when they see their son. "This is gonna be fun."