8

Ethan

"We're home bitches!" Jenny was the first one out of the jet. She ran to the limo and laid on the seat. My father helped my mother in, she was almost dead on her feet. I don't blame her, I am too.

"It's late. How about we all just go to stay at my place?" They all agreed, and Charles' had his driver head to my house. I laid my head against the window, and stared out at the sky clear night sky. Somewhere out there, Carter is under this same sky. I wonder how he's doing? Is he safe? Did he meet someone new? Someone that will know how to cherish him better?

"Ethan Alexander Kingman, stop with the gloomy face." I turned to face James, who poked my cheek. "If you make one more gloomy face I will pinch your cheeks until they're red."

"Fine." I rubbed my cheek and stared out the window. We were almost to the mansion. I couldn't call it home, since it doesn't feel like one. Not without Carter there. I just stared out the window, and watched the familiar scenery pass by.

"Here we are sir." The driver started pulling into the drive way. I stared up at the mansion. Such a big house, and I'm alone in it without him there. But at least for tonight, I won't be so alone.

"Man, I'm gonna crash before I even get inside." Jenny was rubbing her eyes. All her energy from earlier must have disappeared inside the warm limo. The driver came and opened the door for us. Jenny was the first one out the car. James followed behind her, and placed an arm over her shoulder.

"What happened to all the energy at the airport?" She punched his arm, causing all of us to laugh. I was the last one out. We were about to head inside, when a pair of headlights caused us to stop. None of us recognized the car, and no one should have been able to get in passed the gates. I saw James pull Jenny behind him, and Charles and my dad stand in front of mom. I swore to never fight again, but even I got into my fighting stance. The car stopped a few feet away from us. The Windows were tinted, so we couldn't see who was inside. The headlights were also to bright to allow us to see through the front window. The passenger door opened, and a guy walked out. He was tall, and muscular. Dirty blond hair, light honey hazel eyes, and he had a smirk on his face.

"Who are you?!" James was the first one to speak. The guy saw us, and leaned on the hood of the car. Right in front of the driver's side, so now we couldn't even get a glimpse of who else was inside once the car turned off, and the lights went out.

"Relax man, I'm not here to hurt anyone. The name is Francis Martinez, but just call me Freddy." He had this easy going smile on his face. But we still didn't move, we didn't who or what he wanted. Let alone how he managed to get in through the gates.

"What are you doing here? This is private property. I have half a mind to call the cops!" My father stepped up further. He is just a strong a fighter as I am. The only difference is, he's not afraid to actually hurt someone.

"Now you could do that. But then I might just have to take my present with me." We all watched as he stood up straight, and walked towards the driver door. He opened it, and talked to the person inside. We didn't hear everything that was said, it just seemed like he was trying to convince the driver of something. The driver got out, but stepped out in a  way so he was facing away from us. But his silhouette was enough for us to take a step back.

"Holly hell! Is he the freaking hulk?!" I have to agree with Jenny. The man was tall, and muscular. Not as big as the hulk, but still very muscular.

"Stop being like that! We didn't go through all this trouble just for this!" This Freddy guy was as tall as the driver, but not as big. Yet he didn't seem too worried about yelling at him.

"Fine." That voice.

"No way." Jenny spoke for all of us. I looked at the others, and saw them staring with their mouths hanging open. I know mine must have been too. The driver got closer. And with each step, my heart was beating louder and faster. Soon, his handsome face was as clear as day.

"Hi everyone, I'm back." It was like time stopped. None of us moved. I think I even stopped breathing. The only thing I could hear was my heart.

"Carter?" His dad was the first to speak. I saw tears for the second time on his face. He took a hesitant step forward, like he was scared he wasn't real. Frankly, so was I.

"Hey old man." I saw tears in his eyes too.

"Son." Charles ran and pulled his son into a hug. Next thing we know, Jenny joins the hug. Tears running down her cheeks.

"You idiot! I don't care how big you get. You leave again, and I'll kick your ass." Jenny tried to play it tough, but we heard the break in her voice. At least she found hers, I couldn't even seem to find the air to breath.

"I'm sorry Sis." That only made Jenny cry even more. My parents were next, apologizing over and over. Carter told them not to, that is was all his fault. I looked and saw James staring at the scene, tears running down his face too.

"You replace me with a new best friend asshole?" He may be crying, but the smile on his face told another story. He was happy Carter was back, just as much as the rest of us.

"Yeah. Like anyone else could annoy my ass like you." They pulled each other into a hug, patting each other loudly on the back. Both letting silent tears run down their faces.

"Miss you asshole."

"Missed you too dick...no pun intended." They all started cracking up. But I was still in shock.

He pulled away from James, and his eyes connected with mine. Sapphire blue eyes, to storm gray eyes. He took a small step, and my heart started beating again. He seemed almost scared to come near me. Like he was afraid I would disappear, or run away.

"Ethan." The sound of my name coming from those lips, sent a familiar shiver down my spine. He looks so much different now, more mature. His face still looks the same, but you can see everything he went through in his eyes.

"Please god, don't let this be a joke." The tears wouldn't stop now. I covered my face with my hands, praying that when I looked up again, he would still be here.

"I'm here Ethan." I felt his strong arms wrapped around me. I looked up when I felt a tear hit my cheek. I looked up, and there he was. His handsome face stained with tears. I reached out to touch him, and was glad to feel him under my touch. "I almost forgot how warm you are."

"It really is you, Carter." I wrapped my own arms around him. I could feel all his strong muscles through his jacket. What has he been doing this past year? "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry."

"Sh, angel, don't apologize. I was the idiot who left, but I'm not doing that again. Not after realizing how much being away from you has affected me." He pulled back, and wiped the tears away from my eyes. "I love you Ethan. And I hope that you still feel the same for me."

"I never stopped." He cupped my face with his hands, and leaned forward. I could feel his warm, minty breath on my lips.

"May I?" I wrapped my arms around his neck, and pulled him down a little closer.

"You never have to ask." With that, he closed the distance. We pored all our love into that kiss, making up for lost time. My knees started to give out on me, he was the one that was holding me up.

"Come on. Let's head inside, and we can all talk." He took me by the waist, and we followed everyone inside. I was still having a hard time believing this was real, but if not. Then I pray no one ever wakes me up.