17

The room was quiet, and everyone seemed frozen in place. Alastor looked shocked, my father was pissed. Aaron, or whatever his name is, seemed confused, and Ethan looked like he did the night I left.

"Carter! What the hell are you doing here?!" I looked to my father. He was now turning a small shade of red.

"What do you mean? Just here to see my old man, my in law, and my husband." I directed the last part to A-whatever his name, and saw him flinch.

"I'm sorry gentlemen, can you excuse us?" Alastor escorted the men out, and I took a seat up front. Freddy was leaning by the door, a blank look on his face. He was observing everything right now, seeing how things will turn out.

"Carter. Not that I'm not happy, but why are you here?" Ethan had his business face on, and it took everything in me not to get mad. He knows I hate that look, because it makes him seem hard and cold. I looked over to his little side dick, and clenched my fist when I saw him try and hide his smirk.

"Something funny pencil dick?" He snapped when I directed my question to him. I saw Alastor trying not to laugh, but Freddy wasn't as nice. They all looked at him, but I focused on Ethan. "How long has he been working with you? No. Better yet. How long have you been lying to me?!"

"W-what?" Strike one.

"You told me you were no longer seeing him. Yet here he is, working with you and our fathers. Why did you lie?!" I was trying to stay calm. I might as well be trying to keep a bubble from popping.

"Carter." I turned to look at my father. I interlaced my fingers and placed them on my lap. I may look like an ass right now, but I'm too pissed to care. "This is not the time and place. If you must do this, do it somewhere else. Ethan and Adam are working, and you interrupted a serious meeting."

"Charles enough." Alastor placed a hand on my father's shoulder. "You know you miss him, stop acting like this. We have all forgiven him, you are the only one left." My father shrugged him hand off.

"I will do no such thing. He gave up being my son the moment he gave up his name. That is not my son!" I ignored the pain that caused me. But I know Freddy noticed.

"Why? Cause I got tired of being Carter McClain and wanted a fresh start? My life was spiraling out of control, and I needed a way out. I took mom's name, because I wanted to be like mom. I wanted to start over, and forget all the fucked up shit in my life. Was it smart? Hell no. I should have thought it over more, but I didn't. I'm sorry."

No one said anything for a while. Freddy was still quietly taking everything in, and Ethan seemed to be tying to calm down. He was till a shade lighter than normal. Adam was looking at him with concern. Before he could touch him, I spoke up.

"Lay so much as a hair on him, and I will break your skinny ass in half." Even I could hear the deadly venom dripping from my words. I ignored their looks and continued glaring at him. "I will only ask one more time, and then I will leave." I saw Ethan snap his head up at the mention of my leaving. "Why the hell are you here?" My voice was about the only thing calm at this moment. Freddy was quietly observing. My father was looking at me with mixed emotions, and Alastor was watching Ethan.

"I hired him." Ethan now had his eyes closed. His faced was a mixture of pain and anger. But not at me, at himself. He knew Adam being here would piss me off, and yet he hired him. Strike two.

"Why?" 

"Adam is a very capable engineer. We needed his help, and I offered him a job at the company. But I swear to you Carter, that is the only interaction that we have. And we aren't even alone when we have to work together!" He was panicking now. He knows that I am mad, and he's scared of me leaving him again. I look directly into his eyes. and confirm my theory.