16

It's been a few days now since my date with Ethan, and I haven't heard from him. I guess he's been busy with more meetings.

"Hey!" I felt a popcorn hit my face, and turned to face Freddy. He decided to come out and watch a movie today. "Will you put your phone away?"

"Right, sorry." I put my phone away, and noticed a couple enter the theater room. I leaned up, and saw it was Jenny and Marcus. "Damn."

"What?" He looked to were I was looking, and a giant grin graced his face. He looked like the grinch come to life.

"Oh no, Freddy don't." To late.

"Yo-ho! Jenny! Jenny! Jennifer!" Lord have mercy. I smacked my forehead, and looked up. Jenny was glaring at Freddy, and Marcus just looked lost. The poor guy.

"Carter?" I waved, and Marcus pulled a very annoyed Jenny behind him. "Holy shit, I almost didn't recognize you. Man, you got huge! What? You eat the hulk?" I laughed at his joke. Marcus has always been a chill and laid back guy.

"It's good to see you too Marcus. How have you been?"

"Great! Just trying to survive one day at a time." Tell me about it.

"Marcus, let's get our seats." Jenny was trying to ignore me. She was looking at everything but at me. She started dragging him away, before Freddy intervened again.

"No need. Two empty seats, right here." I known that smirk all too well. He is not gonna back off now.

"Come on babe, they're good seats." Before she could say no, he already took the seat next to Freddy. "Hey man, I'm Marcus."

"Sup, Freddy. Marcus, let me just say I have a huge amount of respect for you." Marcus just tilted his head. "If you can handle her, you are one though son of a bitch." They both started laughing. With a roll of her eyes, Jenny took her seat next to Marcus. This is gonna be a long movie.
______________________________________

"That movie was so freaking awesome!"

"Right?!" We watched as Freddy and Marcus walked in front of us, and screamed about the movie. Ignoring the annoyed glares from the people waiting to go into the movie.

"So. How have you been?" Jenny was ignoring me. She kept checking her instagram hoping to tune me out. "Come on Jenny. How long are you gonna be mad at me? Everyone else has forgiven me, when will you?"

"Everyone?" She put her phone away, and stopped. I stopped in front of her, and let Freddy and Marcus keep walking. "What about your dad? Huh? Have you even bothered apologizing to him?" She was shooting some major daggers at me, but they didn't bother me.

"If you were really paying attention, yes. After that night I tried calling him, several times! Do you know what his secretary tells me? She tells me that 'he has no son'. After hearing that a few times, a guy's gonna have to take the hint." At this point my fist were balled at my side, and my anger was spiking. I turned and started to walk away. Halfway I felt her grab my arm.

"Carter." She was looking at the ground, but when she looked up she had tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry. I was so happy when you came back, but then everything happened. It felt like I lost my brother when you left us. Hearing everything you did, just to stay away. I was mad. I know I didn't really have a reason to, but it still hurt." I pulled her into my arms. Jenny is one of the few women I am comfortable holding.

"I get it okay? You're my little sister, even if not by blood. I never stopped to think how anyone else would feel. I simply up and left, I'm sorry. Do you forgive me?" I felt her nod her head, and smiled. Now I just have one more person to talk to, and that is my old man. God have mercy.
______________________________________

"Hey Ethan, it's me. Haven't heard from you in a few days, call me when you get the chance." I ended the call, and laid my hand over my eyes. I still haven't heard anything from him.

"Carter, you up?" I removed my arm from my eyes, and saw Freddy standing at my door.

"What's up?" He tossed me my jacket, and car keys. "What's this for?"

"Get up and get ready. You have been moping since he won't answer your calls. We're gonna go and pay your man a visit." Before I can even get a word out, he beats me to it. "No excuses. Get up, or I'm going and talking to him on my own."

"I hate you." He held his chest and pretended to be hurt.

"And here I thought we were soul mates." I flipped him off, but we both laughed. "Hurry up."

Thanks to Val, I found out Ethan has been in the office a lot. The meeting went great, but now they are in the middle of working out a new project. Our company has many different branches and division, so she wasn't sure which one.

"So, how are we getting in?" I know my old man. He may not want to speak to me right now, but I'm his last connection to mom. Not to sound coincided, but he won't completely push me away.

"Trust me." We park in the private parking section of the building, no one even seemed to question us. We entered the building, and I passed by the security desk upfront. They have seen me before, so this is not surprising.

"Dude, you really are loaded." Freddy was staring wide eyed at everything.

"We're here." We got off the elevator, and made my way to the doors leading to the meeting room.

"Carter?! Wait! You can't go."

"Shut up Jeannine." I ignored the nerves brunette and opened the doors. Sure enough there he was. But he wasn't alone. Ignoring the men I didn't recognize in the room, my attention was focused on the four men I did recognize. "Hello Ethan, Alastor, pencil dick, and father." Fuck. I need a drink.