Chapter 14

Rachels POV -- before the first school bell rang

I dont know what Ryland was talking about the other night. When he told me all of that stuff, I had just met him the night before. I dont know what he was thinking about me being his sister. I mean no, you shouldnt tell someone you look like my sister, I think you were kidnapped, Im taking you home, lets go.

Yeah Im still a little knew to everything thats been going on. But thats because I had a concussion and was kind of out of it for a week, and Bridgette had taken me to a concert that I really didnt want to go to. But hey I guess it was kind of fun, the concert part anyway. Then again something about all of this didnt feel right. I dont know...

"Whatchya thinking about?" Kelsie asked me breaking me from my thougts.

"Oh nothing just...trying to remember if I did all of the homework or not..." I looked down at her hand and she was on her phone again. It's not like Kelsie to be on her phone. Whats going on there? "So who are you texting?" I asked her trying to get a better look at the screen.

"Oh...just...my sister...again," she stuttered.

"I know," Bridgette said, looking at me. "She wont tell me either. I bet its Ben and she doesnt want me to know that shes flirting with the guys she knows I like."

"Oh my gosh. For the last time, it's not Ben! I just told you who it is!" Kelsie yelled, kind of losing it.

"Well then is it Corey? Because you know he's my brother and thats kind of like the same thing," Bridgette asked as tell bell for first period rang.

Kelsie rolled her eyes. "You know what just forget it," she said picking up her books and walking to class.

Kelsie's POV

Oh my gosh. I just couldnt stand Bridgette anymore! I dont even know why I said I would be friends with her. You see Maddy's mom asked if me and Bridge would be friends with Maddy when she was new here, so we both said yes. Me and Bridgette had been friends all through elementary and then in middle school our friendship just kind of fell apart. She started flirting with all of the guys that she knew I liked, and then I quit talking to her.

She got into sports and I worked really hard with getting good grades, then that was it. Yes we would say an occasional to each other in the hall way or something, but nothing more. And looks like that was all going to happen again.

And Maddy, I dont know whats wrong with her. She keeps thinking that she went to school here before her "accident" when she didnt. Her mom told me she adopted her, obviously she hadnt told Maddy that. Wait. Maybe Maddy is Rylands sister. But Ive known Maddy's mom my whole life and she doesnt seem like the type of person who would kidnap someone.

I quietly, making sure no one saw me, pulled out my phone, since I was in homeroom. The teacher had left the room, all of the guys were either reading sports magazines or playing video games on their computers, and all of the girls were sitting in a circle, whispering. And no I wasnt friends with any of those girls either. I went to my contacts and scrolled until I got to ryry the cutie pie.

Me: You know Maddy being your sister does kind of make sense now that I think of it. She thinks shes been friends with me her whole life and her mom told me that she was adopted.

I sat there staring at my phone for the next minute and he still didnt reply. I need to find a way to bring this up with Maddy. I mean I could be best friends with my bestfriends sister. Yes I have more than one best friend and no me and Ryland arnt dating. I dont even think me and Ryland are ever going to date. I mean, he's from Cali and Im from Wyoming. Plus he's on tour and Im sure he'll meet other girls, and probably be "best friends" with them. And with him being attractive and his family having a band, he's probably already got a girlfriend.

I dont even want to think about Ryland having a girlfriend. I thought I was something special to him, but seeing that he hasnt texted or called me since I last talked to him at the concert, I bet I was just another girl from a concert.

I checked my phone again to see if he texted back but still nothing.

Me:  Listen Ryland. I know that you and me arnt dating but I dont think us being friend is such a great thing either. You should just continue on with your life and I'll try to continue on with mine...

I stared at the messaged for a little while then decided not to send it. Maybe he was just busy with the band touring and stuff, and didnt have the time to talk to me.

"Kelsie...Kelsie," I heard someone saying my name. It turned out to be Mrs. Kahoff, my homeroom teacher. "The bell for first period rang five minutes ago."

I stood up gathering my things. "Oh sorry...Just..." I tried to think of a good excuse, so she wouldnt know that I was texting in class. "Um, its a really good book, and I just couldnt put it down," I said pointing to the book that I hadnt read since the second day of school. I really wasnt a reader.

Rylands POV

R5 was in the middle of sound check when I got another text.....from Kelsie. It's not that I was trying to ignore her it's just that I didnt know what to say to her. I clicked on her message to see what she texted me.

Kelsie <3: You know Maddy being your sister does kind of make sense now that I think of it. She thinks she's been friends with me her whole life and her mom told me that she was adopted.

Thats great! Now how do I reply to that. I really like Kelsie and I didnt want her to think that I was a creep. I wanted her to think that I was a normal guy. I know just who I need to go to for advice. Ross.

"Hey Ross!" I said running out onto the stage. "You know Kelsie?" I asked as I got to where he was standing in center stage.

"Kelsie?" he asked looking at me like I was an idiot. "Ryland, Im sure Ive met a thousand Kelsie's in my life, and the only time Ive ever talking to any of them is at meet and greets."

"Ok. The Kelsie that we got ice cream with," I told him hoping that he would remember.

"You mean the other night? Yeah I remember her. Why?" he asked strumming a few notes on his guitar.

"Because I like, I mean really really like her, and I dont know what to say to her."

"Just be yourself. And dont worry about being boring, because you're not boring," as he was telling me this all I did was look at him. Maybe I should have gone to Rocky because Ross isnt helping at all. "If you have feelings for her, tell her that you have feelings for her. if she doesnt feel the same about you, just try to be just friends with her, because maybe she'll change her mind."

"Thanks Ross," I said smiling and walking backstage.

Me: Kelsie...What are your plans for the week?

I hit send hoping that that was enough. Within a minute she replied.

Kelsie <3: Nothing but school. Why? :)

Great hopefully this works.

Me: Because I was wondering if we could maybe meet up somewhere inbetween shows or something. :)

This time she didnt reply right away. I put my phone back in my pocket and continued with what I was supposed to be doing. Hopefully I didnt scare her off with that text.

Kelsies POV

Wow! Did Ryland just ask me out on a date? I dont even what what to say, yet alone think. What if I say yes? It would be great, even though I doubt my parents will let me. But if I say no then things would just become awkward between the two of us.

Ok Im not going to ask my parents or anything Im just going to say it.

Me: Yes!! Cant wait to see you again!! :)

ryry the cutie pie: Ok great!! cant wait to see you either :D

I dont know if Im certain or not, but Im pretty sure Rylands the one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know exactly how many pages this but it doesnt look like its more than one. Sorry about that I'll have a longer chapter next time. Thanks for reading :)