Chapter 2

Rachels POV

Rydel sat up and looked me straight in the eye. "Dont you ever say that again," then walked back over to her computer that was sitting on her bed. I got up and walked out of the room, slamming the door shut behind me.

Ross' POV

I was standing at the counter pourning myself a glass of milk as Rachel came storming through the kitchen, Ryland following behind her. She walked out the back door, slamming it in Rylands face.

"What'd you do this time?" I asked as i leaned against the counter taking a drink. He turned around to face me.

"Her and Jakob were about to kiss and I stopped them."

"Really?" I asked taking another drink. "Why?"

"Because...I dont know...I dont trust the guy."

"I know he seems a little..." I paused trying to think of words to say. "Whacked in the head. But if Rachel likes him she likes him. Theres nothing you can do about it."

"Oh really," Ryland said giving me a questioning look. I just looked back at him. I could tell that he was going to do something to break them up. "Oh come on Ross! I know you dont like him either."

"And what makes you think that?"

"Just the way you look at him."

"Ry," I said walking up to him, laughing a little. I put my arm on his shoulder and leaned on him. "Im pretty sure thats you."

"Whatever," he took my arm off him and walked out of the room and down the hall, im assuming to our room.

Rachels POV

I no idea where I was going. Maybe to Jakobs house? No hes probably mad at me for not telling Ryland off and letting him stay. Plus that would most likely be the first place they check. I need to be somewhere were none of them would fine me.

I walked to the corner of Jakobs street, I figured I at least had to tell him where I was going. I walked up the front porch steps to his house. I was about the ring the doorbell but noticed there wasnt one, so i knocked instead.

A man Im asuming was Jakes father ansered the door. He looked me up and down then finally spoke, "May I help you?"

"Yes," I let out a breath. I'd never met Jakes parents before. "Im Rachel Lynch, Jakobs girlfriend. Um is Jake here?"

The man turned back inside the house. "Jake! Your little girlfriend here wants to talk to you!"

"Tell her Im not here!" I heard Jakes familiar voice yell back. I could tell that he didnt want to talke to me.

"You tell her!" the man yelled as I saw Jake walk downt he stairs. He hesitated for a minute then walked over to me.

"Hey," I said putting a smile on my face. He managed to give a small smile back. "Im sorry about Ryland. He can get a little--"

"Protective, I know," Jakob said cutting me off. "He's just so stupid getting into our business like that. I hate him.

"Just please give him another chance."

"No Im not giving him another chance!"

"Jake just please--"

"If I ever get the chance I'll shoot him!" he said cutting me off again.

I was about to finish with 'for me' until I realized what he said. "Dont you ever say that towards any of my brothers or sister again," I said and walked off the porch.

"Rachel wait!" I could here his footsteps chasing after me. He caught up to me and grabbed my arm.

"Let go!" I yelled trying to get his hand off but I wasnt strong enough. Next thing I knew he had pulled me in for a kiss. I didnt want this to happen, not here, not now, and probably not ever.

I stomped down hard on his foot. "Ow!" he yelled backing away from our kiss. "What was that for."

"Just stay away from me," I said turning and running the rest of the way to the corner.