{11}

"You should join battle of the bands," Spoke Jesse, as he took a bite out of his burger. We were at lunch and I was a bit distant from everything since yesterday. I just couldn't believe I did what I did. It was such a waste, my parents paid so much money for me to get help with that type of thing. I then stopped glaring at my salad and looked at Jesse. He was rambling about whatever we were just talking about. He was actually not that bad, he just kept on talking, he didn't care much about responses.

"-and yeah, it's a really cool competition, you just join a band and compete. They do it every year."

I laughed, as I shrugged, "I'm not in a band, 'guess you can count me out..." I told him, as I trailed off. Suddenly the loud noises of cafeteria had faded away and I was focused on one person. I knew who it was, because we looked at each other. I saw him before he saw me, though. He was in the lunch line joking around with Parker and Oli, but his face grew into a silly grin and he waved to me slobbishly. He was high, nothing new. Surely he'd forgotten about what happened earlier, right?

"Kellin, hello?" Jesse exclaimed, waving his hand in front of my face. I then snapped out of it and looked into his ocean eyes and fleshy skin.

"Right, right, sirens are sleeping?" I asked the ginger boy carelessly.

He laughed, "it was that, but then we changed it into sleeping with sirens."

I nodded, taking a bite of my salad, "sounds better..." I said, around the lettuce that was crammed into my mouth.

"D-do you uh, do you want to join our band?"

I stared at him wide-eyed, spitting out my food into a napkin, "dude, are you kidding? I'd love to."

"Good, cause' we need a lead singer."

"Okay, okay. Do I need to audition?"

"Nah, i'll put in a good word," Jesses said, then he winked. I, on the other hand was cringing.

__________________________________________

"Music. It's more than what you think, it's mental. Did you know, studies have shown that music gets some of the most emotional responses out of people? It's all phsycology. When you use such strong words that explain what a person is feeling, you start a personal connection and bond with them at heart. Music comes from the soul, not anybody can sing it, play it, or make it, it has to come form your heart. Whether you sing, or play an instrument, you are all here for a reason, to learn about music." The music teacher, Mr. Carlile, was smart, I liked him.

The classroom was much like our cabins, but larger. There were the same familiar decoration of wooden planks on the walls, and same wooden floorboards. I didn't like how quiet the classroom was, though. it's like the silence was screaming. But you know who else was in my class? Jesse, and Vic. Now that he's come off of his high, he's been acting the same. aha wasn't ignoring me, he was just distant. Seeing that Oli sat next to me, I threw a pencil at him to get his attention.

"What's up, mate?" he whispered ot me, trying not to get caught.

I bit my lip and whispered, trying to be quiet, "Why does Vic hate me?"

He shook his head, as he wrote notes down,"bullshit."

I was confused, "what?"

"He doesn't hate you."

"Then why is he ignoring me?"

He dropped his pen and glared at me, "well if I really liked someone and found out they had a girlfriend this entire time i'd be pretty silent too. In fact, i'd stick an apology up my ass."