{eight}

A/n: so I just checked tumblr and apparently according to a post it said that there was going to be a shooting on the 25th in Texas at the pride parade and my condolences go out out anyone who has to put up with this bullshit. It's so sad that people are literally killing people off just because of their sexuality/Gender they identify as. This shouldn't ever be okay and if anyone ever needs someone to talk to or anything, message me(: But yeah it's really upsetting that people are dying like this, hence the Orlando shooting. I don't know if this warning is real or not, but just to be safe, I wanted to warn anyone who lives out that way. Sorry this is a long A/n but I needed to rant it all out. Stay safe<3

*****************

The car ride wasn't that bad, matter of fact I liked it a lot. Aunt Molly and I caught up, we talked, we laughed, it was great. But as soon as I opened the door to get out of the car, immediately I wanted to leave and go back. I was scared, not of being at the camp for a week, but the fact that I had to face...him. I still couldn't believe that he did that, he killed his family, but why? Did I want to find out? I bit my lip, I couldn't answer that. I walked into the line that had the letters A-C, so I could check in. And as soon as I did that, I began to walk to my assigned cabin. The woods out here were nice, there were large tree's blocking out the mid-day sun, and the breeze was hot and dry. Finally reaching the brown cabin, I stepped inside and was met with four guys that were all unpacking and joking around. One of them looked up at me with a friendly smile.

"Welcome to cabin five, what's your name?" asked the ginger boy, as he unpacked his bags more.

I stepped inside, and set my bag on the lower bunk area, "Kellin, you?" I asked, as I began to take my blanket and pillow out of my backpack.

He shrugged, as he walked over to me, "Jesse," he spoke, looking at me again. I caught my breath as I sense him looking me up and down, was he checking me out? I bit my lip as I glanced away from him and zipped up my backpack, "Cool." I muttered, avoiding his eye contact.

He sighed, scratching the back of his head, "so are you going to the bonfire later on tonight?"

I was confused, "bonfire?" I asked him, as I cocked my head. He then nodded, as he rubbed my shoulder when he chuckled, "you're new here, aren't you?"

I mentally wanted to hang myself, I hated when people touched me without my permission, I sighed, "yeah...why?" I asked, annoyed now.

He then removed his hand, but his eyes never left mine, "well we kinda just hang out, do s'mores...play music, it's like a spin-off for tomorrow's activities..."

"Nice," I mumbled.

"Do you want to maybe, go with me? Like I mean- we wont be like, alone-alone...my friends, they're coming too. It's gonna be really fun and yeah you're...you're, yeah. And I just...do you want to go with me?"

*********

Okay, so what was I supposed to do? Turn him down due to the fact that I didn't really find him attractive and the other fact that I thought he was too pushy and stared at me too much? I had to keep my mind off of Vic, and focus more on the actual quality of the camp. I came here for music, nothing less, I can't get too distracted. Jesse is perfect because he talks too much, and it's nice. For once the silence isn't so loud and bewildering. As we walked through the dark woods I gazed up at the beautiful night-sky. The night can be deadly, though. There's so many things that happens at night that had a tragic, but yet so wonderful significance to it.

Jesse's fingers had brushed up against mine for about the third time, and so I crossed my arms, "do you play an instrument, Jesse ?" I asked, I wanted to know. I wasn't listening to him ramble about nothing, I got distracted. But he didn't seem to care, and he thought for a moment.

"Well, I'm in a band."

That was interesting, "what's it called?"

"Sirens are sleeping."

I laughed out loud.

"What?" he asked, as he grinned into the darkness.

I shook my head with a light smile, "nothing, nothing...I just feel like it should be something less generic sounding. Like really? Sirens are sleeping? It sounds like you're trying to hard to be deep and it's not working."

He blinked twice, cocking his head, "well what would you name the band?'

"Sleeping with sirens," I thought, "it sounds better, it can be interpreted in different ways-"

I was cut off by the sudden sound of a branch breaking. I stopped in my tracks, as I saw it suddenly catch fire. I gasped, pointing down to the deep abys where I saw it from. I tapped Jesse , "what-what was that? Did you hear it?" I asked frantically, as I bit my lip so hard I'm sure I drew blood, my heart was beating so fast that I was sure I could hear it.

"Whoa, whoa, calm down, Kellin. It's probably an animal."

"But I just saw fire," my eyes flickered up to his, "I saw it. What if someone's down there?"

He shook his head, "I don't think we should go down there..."

I rolled my eyes, as I then walked over to the edge, "you can go on to the bonfire, I'm going down here." I said.