{19}

Kellin

"And the winner of battle of the bands for third place are...the story so far, second place, sleeping with sirens, and first place, Pierce The Veil!" The announcer had said. Happiness went through me, I couldn't believe we won second place! I ran up to the stage with he rest of the band and looked at the crowd in front of us. Everyone cheered for us, and the person who announced us had given me the microphone.

I cleared my throat, looking out to the audience and the lights blaring out the distance a bit, "hi, my names' Kellin and this is supposed to be quick and everything, but I wanted to say a few words. Almost three months ago, I was a girl. I hated living with myself, I hated my body parts, it wasn't right. I would hate to cry, too but somehow the tears always came because deep down I knew that I was a boy. So..I went behind my parents backs and did the surgery after saving up for it, and while my parents were away, I'd done it. They didn't like the new me at all, and for a second I didn't like the new me, either. But...then I met Vic,' I said, his eyes suddenly meeting mine, he gave me that look of his I couldn't ever explain, "he showed me things about myself I didn't even know, and he makes me happy. I couldn't imagine him not being here, he's so important to me and he's so...he's so poetic it's insane. I also wanted to thank this band for accepting me last minute as I lead singer. Overall...so far, my summer has had a few twists and turns, but it isn't out to get me."

___________________________________________________________________-

"How'd you like camp? Were there any cute boys or girls?" Tay asked, as she set her book aside, when I got inside Aunt Molly's car. Laughing, I picked up the book she was reading.

"The Hunger Games? This is what you've been doing all week?" I questioned, as Aunt Molly laughed. I buckled in my seat belt and I turned to her, she seemed excited.

She glanced quickly at Aunt Molly, then back at me, "was that Vic guy there? What happened between you two?"

"I'll tell you when we get home." I said.

An hour before Kellin's Aunt picked him up

"How are we going to stay in touch?" Vic asked me. We were walking back up to his cabin s he could pick up his things. I'd told Justin to get my things from my cabin, just being there triggered so many things inside of me, I just couldn't go back, "I don't have a phone."

He chuckled, going up under the bunk bed and getting a random shirt, "you're sixteen, and you don't have a phone?" Vic laughed again, "what did you do?"

I sighed, as I sunk unto his bed, "oh nothing, just getting in trouble for being a boy..." I trailed off, pondering, "you know, we won record deals, that's so cool. We're gonna record music...like we're gonna be something."

Vic finally got from up under the bunk bed and leaned at the foot of it, "it's crazy.." he started, "Kellin?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you mean all those things you said up there, on the stage? It wasn't...just in the moment or anything?" he asked, seeming unsure of what he was saying. I looked at him in confusion, knitting my eyebrows together and crawled towards him, inches away form his face.

"Of course I meant it, who would fake something like that?" I asked in mild shock, "I love you." the words slipped out of my mouth and it was the second time I've ever said it to Vic. I was fine with him not loving me as much as I did him, I didn't need his reassurance on it, I was willing to wait for those words. Vic kissed me securely, and I tangled my fingers in his hair. He then stood up, taking me with him, and picked me up off of the bed as he kept on kissing me. I had to pull away from him and gasp for air, as he licked my ear and sucked on my neck. I let out a slight moan, and bit my lip as he held me onto him tighter. My legs were wrapped around his waist, his hands perfectly at my hips, holding me up. Thank god for his strength. Vic then walked us over to the bed, where he sat me down and got on top of me. He ran his thumb over my lips and his brown eyes sparkled. I moved the hair that fell in front of his face, behind his ear and his lips met mine again, going slower this time.

"You know my birthday's coming up..." I whispered, not wanting to ruin the gentle moment we were sharing.

He smirked, "I think I know what you want."

I traced circles into his arm, "oh really?"

He nodded, "I know exactly what to get you and where to take you."

I cocked my head, "well it's tomorrow. You live where my Aunt lives, right?"

He smiled, "yeah just a street down."

"Knock on her door tomorrow, then...I want you to meet my cousin Tay and Aunt Molly." I said.

It was quiet, and we just kept staring at each other, until he broke the ice with piercing words that almost made me cry, "hey Kellin?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't say this often...to anybody, because often I don't actually mean it, but right now, I mean this," he spoke, as he kissed my collarbone and whispered, "I love you."

Tay practically screamed, "oh my god I fucking ship it! Kellic, yep that's the name of your ship and i'll start writing Fanfiction on Wattpad and people will love it, watch."

I looked at her with wide eyes, "calm down, Jesus..." I spoke, "and I thought you hated Vic, you told me stay away from him, remember?" I told her. We sat on the balcony of Aunt Molly's house, just drinking lemonade and talking. It was the morning after yesterday, and I was too tired to tell Tay much of what happened between Vic and I, so I was pretty much giving her the rundown of what happened at camp.

"Are you kidding me? I ship this so much, this needs to be a thing. Hold on, i'm seriously making a Wattpad fan account-"

I spit out my lemonade into the grass, "Ew, no please don't do that."

Rolling her eyes, "fine, fine," she sang, "but did that rapist guy Jesse get arrested?"

I tilted my head and crossed my arms, gazing at the clear water of the backyard pool, "I actually don't know. He got banned, though. Tay he was so scary and creepy..oh god."

"You see, this is just proof that rape Is rape and it has nothing to do with what you're wearing or how you look, it's all about the person and their personal issues."

"True.." I thought. I would've never thought that Jesse, off all people, would be that way. When I first met him he was so nice but I knew something was wrong...he was too aggressive as our friendship progressed. It was too much and he'd gotten obsessive and weird, i'm just glad Vic found me that one day and helped.

"So you're signed to Rise Records?"

"Yeah," I thought, "next year though. I'm going to record music next summer so not now..but still though it's really exciting," I said, checking my watch, "oh my god..where is he?"

"Vic?" Tay asked, her big eyes young and innocent.

I laughed, "sorry...just always thinking about him."

She smiled big, taking a sip from the glass, "aw, aw, so cute I literally can't!" she screamed, "oh my god how was the sex? Like was he good or bad or does he need improve?"

I smacked her arm, my cheeks burning of embarrassment, "well I mean..." I thought about that night, that moment, and how everything felt, "it was fucking amazing. The way his hands...he just has good hands..and he's just...it was nice, really nice. I'm glad I waited." I told her, "i think that's the best option, to be honest. It just feels better when you know it's someone who isn't going to leave you in the morning."

"You really love him?" Tay asked me, I bobed my head.

"Oh yeah. I'm totally in love with him."

Just then, the door to the balcony had slid opened and Aunt Molly walked out. She had dyed her hair green with purple tips, "c'mon kiddos, I want to take you guys to the Movies. Afterall, it is Kellin's birthday today.."

"But Vic was supposed to be here first," I said.

"Well the movies are going to close in two hours and they're showing Suicide Squad."

Tay hit my shoulder, "come on Kellin, enough Vic..spend some time with us, we've missed you!"

I sighed, "okay, okay, fine let's go," I spoke, with a forced smile.

I'd just have to visit Vic's house tomorrow. I think I remember where it was, anyway.