OUT NOW + About the Author

Announcement -

Hello everyone! I'm Zuzu, and I'd like to introduce you to my first River Phoenix fan fiction. It comes out June 24th on a Friday at 12:10 AM EST.

This book is about a seventeen year old girl who is moving from her rich, seriously white-dominated neighborhood in Georgia to Boston to escape the racism that she's had to face. Her mother strongly advises her to keep away from white boys, because they were the main root of her problems with her skin color and her identity, and her father just wants her to keep away from boys. She agrees with her parents fully until along the way, her neighbor, who just so happens to be a white boy, flags a sudden interest in her. She takes a while to warm up to him, but once she does, everything gets complicated. Suddenly she's twisted in a life of lies, self-acceptance and reminiscing her trust issues. You'll find out what goes on between her and her neighbor throughout the reading !

Warnings - this book will consist of racial and homophobic slurs to professionally showcase the seriousness of the world that Robin, the main character, is living in. There will also be underage drinking involved and other illegal activities.

About the Author -

My name is Zuzu Adi (my nickname basically, but I don't give my real name out on the webs.) I'm thirteen years old and will be in ninth grade starting June 25th. Writing is a passion of mine, I've been writing since I was a little girl. I distinctly remember how I would sit on the floor in my room and read and write little plays and stories.

I moved on to writing on the computer and can't exactly recall the last time I've ever written something real by hand. My stories typically go unfinished, whether I write them directly on the Wattpad app, on Microsoft Word or on Google Docs. I never finish my stories, but I aim high to finish this one!

I live with my parents and two siblings, along with a pet goldfish named "Big Scoob" and a Rex Bunny named Jack. I got interested in the 80s decade when I was scrolling along Vine one day on January 17 or 16, 2016 ( yes, I remember the exact date. ) I had re-vined a random Teddy Duchamp vine and I got sucked in to all the other amazing Vine edits. If you want to follow me on Vine, I'll have all my social media linked below.

I love River Phoenix and Corey Haim, the likes. My main boys are River and Corey though. My favorite movie from River is "I Love You to Death" & Stand by Me, while my favorite movie of Corey's is "Lucas."

Something else I'm very passionate about includes POC rights, human rights, sexuality rights, rights rights rights blah blah blah. I consider myself to be very socially conscious and also an intersectional feminist!

Which means you'll be seeing a lot of my personal opinions in the book, but perhaps not through the characters, not all of them are die-hard feminists.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading my book when it comes out on June 24, Friday at 12:10 AM EST ( basically New York's time zone. )

Social Media -

Instagram - planetzuz
Twitter - zuzuadiwrites
Tumblr - zuzuu-a
Vine (for edits I wanna save) - (okay idk my vine username but maybe if you search up zuzu adi probably not idk)

Enjoy reading this when it comes out next Friday, June 24 12:10 AM EST!

- Zuzu Adi