Chapter 33: Don't Give Up.

Chapter 33: Don’t Give Up.  

¬Peasnie¬

When we arrived at the hospital, they took us to a room and had me get changed. After I got changed they did the induction. They offered for me to go home again but I didn’t want to have to race back here when they do start. So I stayed in the hospital and tried to find Arin. Phil was trying to make me relax so the induction tablet could work, little did he know after about half an hour I began feeling contractions. That’s when panic set in and I really wanted to find Arin and get his skinny ass over here because this can go by really fast.

Right now it’s about noon and no one is answering their cell phones, I’m three centimetres dilated and contractions are unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. Phil was sweet and got some ice in a cup for me, it didn’t really help all that much but it did do some good. I wasn’t allowed the drugs because of my heart condition so I had no choice as to do this all natural. Phil brought his cell phone so we called Bailey and apparently everyone was there as well. Not just Bailey, Kier, Alfie and my Aunts and Uncles but my Grandparents, Phil’s moms and Grandparents. I threw my head back against the pillow and moaned in the ridiculous amount of pain I was in. If this is only at three centimetres, I’m terrified of what fully dilated and delivery feels like.

“Oh God, it hurts so much and I can’t have the pain meds.” I bitched. I felt Phil’s hand squeeze mine reassuringly as he dapped the sweat from my face with a cloth.

“I know sweetie, but just keep breathing.” Bailey reassured in a kind and mothering way. I furrowed my eye brows as I held my head up to see the phone.

“What’re you doing awake? Isn’t it like four in the morning there?” I asked.

“Yea sweetie, it’s well after four in the morning.”

“Well go to bed, I’ll have Phil call you when he’s here.” I demanded kindly. I didn’t want them staying up all night just for a phone call. I wanted them to sleep because they have kids to look after as well. Bailey didn’t argue, she said good luck and good night before heading to bed. Val and Michelle were too excited to go to bed so they sat in excitement in the living room at my dad’s house. I can just imagine Bailey, my Grandparents, my Aunts and Uncles gathered around the coffee table with the house phone in the middle anticipating the moment Phil calls and says James is here.

Phil put the phone in his jacket pocket and kept holding my hand, tightly. He kissed the back of my hand and smiled up at me as tears streamed down my face while another contraction took place. It felt like I was about to explode.

“It’s okay, don’t focus on the pain.” He said softly. I nodded and sobbed softly.

“Phil, honey. Can you go and get some more ice, please?” I asked handing him my empty cup. He smiled gently at me and nodded. Phil took my cup and got up. I knew he’d be right back. He doesn’t want to miss a second of this. I don’t know why, I’m probably breaking his hand and my mood swings are even driving me insane. He’s such a good guy. WHERE THE HELL IS ARIN!? Why isn’t he here? He could possibly be the father and he’s no where to be found. He ran away from his responsibilities, just like a coward. Literally minutes later Phil’s angelic face popped around the corner with a wide smile that beamed with excitement.

“Look who I found.” He exclaimed as he came into the room with a cup full of ice. Followed behind him were my dad and Arin. Suddenly all my pain and suffering turned into sheer rage. I ground my teeth together as my fingers balled up the sheets tightly in a death grip.

“Where the hell have you been?!” I shouted at the brown haired man hovering at the foot of my bed. He looked nervous and ashamed. My dad came over to my other side and held my hand. Arin bit his lip and frowned.