Paradise City: The Wedding part 6. Chapter 24: If You Love Me, Let Me Go!

Chapter 24: If You Love Me, Let Me Go!

22 hours until the wedding.

¬Peasnie¬

“Peasnie, are you almost ready to go?!” I heard Bailey call from down stairs. I brushed the blush brush across my cheek bones and smiled at myself in the mirror. It was the night of my hen party and the girls have put together something for me just like the boy did for Phil. I haven’t seen Phil since this morning and I’ve been missing him dearly. Bailey didn’t trust me not to text him so she took my phone away from me. She said I need to worry about having a good time instead of my really-soon-to-be-husband.

I sighed and gave myself one final look over, checking if everything is where it should be and how it should fit. I decided to wear a white tee shirt with the words fear the drummer written across the chest and a black half vest top over it, done up. I wore a pair of loose fitting jeans and my blue All Stars that had the anchors on them. My dark hair was left down in waves and curls.

I stepped out of the bathroom and skipped down the stairs to see every girl already to go. Kier was going to watch on Alfie and the twins tonight while everyone’s gone. Dad’s gone to the stag party which will probably make Phil even more uncomfortable than he already is. He told Bailey when he got home earlier and Bailey swore not to allow me to drink tonight, make it look like I’m drinking but not actually doing it.

“C’mon, let’s go. We’ve got dinner reservations at Nando’s.” ‘Chelle said as she tapped her watch. Val playfully punched her arm and shook her head, laughing slightly. I nodded and smiled at everyone. I felt like the odd one out since I’m the only one not wearing a dress or skirt. We all piled into the van once again and began our journey into L.A to go for dinner at Nando’s. I’ve been to Nando’s in the UK and I loved it. Bailey was driving luckily; she’s the only one who absolutely loves driving the van, the same van that we’ve had for nearly twenty-one years. Yes the tour van. We’ve put the seats back in it and got it painted again. Dad gave it to me when I started High School and I gave it back to him when I moved. My dad actually bought it when he was sixteen years old. He bought it off a guy for $100 and it was in perfect condition. Until I started High School it’s been parked in my Grandparent’s garage, dad spent an entire summer cleaning it up and fixing it and then on the first day back he handed me the keys and said ‘it’s all yours.’ A lot of amazing memories were made in that van and apparently so was Kier.

My thought train was cut short by loud laughter from the back of the van and someone tapping on my shoulder. I looked back to see Melissa leaning forward, her glasses shadowed her face dimly even in the warm sunset of the night.

“Peasnie, you need to wear the sash and crown.” Melissa said from behind me. I couldn’t help but laugh at the fact that they got me a veil and sash that said bride to be on it. I wore the sash and crown happily while the girls chatted about their other halves and their bad habits. Apparently Uncle Brian lost Milo in the house once. He put her down in one room, walked away and forgot where he put her. And River loves pulling Matt’s hair, it’s adorable. But then the conversation went from cute and innocent to R rated. I really didn’t need to hear these things about my Uncles.

“Yeah, Jimmy has this thing where he,” Bailey began but before she could finish I covered my ears and hummed loudly. La-la-la I can’t hear you! Oh God I don’t need to know these things about my dad! My dad can’t have a sex life, he’s . . . he’s, he’s my dad and he’s old. I mean it’s gotta be like a soggy burrito by now. I felt my stomach begin to turn as I tried to push these thoughts out of my head. I don’t even want to think about this. I uncovered my ears to hear everyone laughing about something Bailey said.